chapter 1: akaashi keiji

(last name) (name). akaashi keiji. two different people. two different personalities. two different genders. completely different.

(name) was a girl with a amazing personality. she was the kind of girl that always had your back. akaashi was more than happy to have her as a friend.

akaashi on the other hand, had trouble talking to people. it wasn't exactly that, he had trouble making friends.

when the two were in kindergarten, they had met. akaashi was the quiet kid in the corner reading a book and (name) was the girl who was the loud type.

one day, (name) had come up to akaashi when they were outside for recess and asked him how his day was going. he was taken aback a little by this since not really anyone had talked to him.

"hi! what's your name?" the girl had asked him with the sweetest smile that akaashi had ever seen in his life.

"u-uh keiji. keiji akaashi." he said while ducking his head from (name).

"that's a cool name! oh, i'm (name)! (name) (last name!)" the girl responded while holding out her hand for akaashi to shake.

the boy took her hand and shook it gently. (name) was not pleased by his interaction so she shook his hand violently. 

"ouch." akaashi said quietly while wincing in pain as (name) stopped shaking his hand.

"I'M SO SORRY AKAASHI-CHAN!" the girl yelled so loud that her teachers from across the playground could probably hear her.

"i-it's okay." the boy replied while blushing. he looked up to the girl to see her looking at him with sadness in her eyes.

"i'm sorry." she repeated again and before akaashi could tell her that he was fine, she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his small chest.

♔♔♔

a few weeks had passed and the two became best friends. akaashi had never thought that he could have a friend like (name).

all of that changed though. the two had just started their 1st grade year and something happened to (name). something that Akaashi wished was not real.

(name) and akaashi were inseparable when they were little. they did everything together, from riding their tricycles to catching toads that dared to enter their property (as know as their treehouse)

they loved each other.

so why did that have to happen to her?

a  few weeks after they had started 1st grade, (name) was hit by a car. she was rushed to a hospital in tokyo and akaashi missed her so much.

all he wanted for his friend was her to be safe. all he wanted was for her to be loved. all he wanted was for her to be unharmed.

♔♔♔

'it's been 12 years, where are you?'

akaashi keiji was now a second year in fukurōdani academy, a high school in the kanto region.

"i will never leave you, keiji!" (name)'s little voice replayed over and over in akaashi's head.

akaashi was now walking to the gym where he would soon have practice.

"hey hey hey akaashi! wait for me!" a specific loud captain exclaimed while he jogged over to akaashi.

akaashi stopped in his tracks to wait for his senpai.

"yes bokuto-san?" He said with a monotoned voice and his signature face.

"i just wanted you to wait for me!" bokuto said while pouting.

"okay, now that your here i'm leaving." akaashi replied back and left the captan.

"nooo agAAAshshEEEh!!!" bokuto exclaimed as he tried to catch up to the setter.

akaashi just picked up his pace when bokuto grew closer to him. bokuto saw this and also picked up his pace until they were basically running to the gym.

they both reached the gym and were out of breath.

"sorry akaashi." bokuto said to the setter.

"it's fine bokuto-san." The setter responded.

the two walked into the gym.

♔♔♔

"that practice was so hard~" the older boy said as he rubbed his arm.

"maybe it was because you didn't stretch, bokuto-san."

"now i get why my arm feels like it's going to fall off!" the older exclaimed while the younger deadpan.

"i swear bokuto-san you are going to be the death of me."

"sorry akaashi!"

"it's fine."

the two boys walked out of the school and the two were off in different directions to their houses.

"don't wake up late, bokuto-san." Akaashi shouted enough for bokuto to hear him.

"yeah yeah i know!" Bokuto shouted back while pulling out an apple from his bag.

♔♔♔

akaashi approached his house and took his keys out of his pockets.

he turned the knob of the cold house and walked inside. he dropped his things to the floor and went to his bedroom.

when he got to his bedroom he quickly got into his sleeping clothes and went straight to sleep.