"Katrina Halstead" "Cora Mclean" "Have we met before?" "You were my caseworker for a bit in Indianapolis" "Katrina you are so grown up" "Thanks" I smiled "Come in here" We walked into the office and I closed the door behind me "How can I help Cora?" "I hear you have a little girl Mya Flynn" I nodded "She's sitting at my desk just now" "Ok so because you are an emergency foster carer if you sign these" She held up some papers  "here and now I can basically" "Give her to me" "Yeah something like that" I chuckled "And my job and past don't affect this?" "Nope not at all" I smiled and signed the papers "What if I wanted to adopt her?" "Then I'll give you these" I smiled and took the adoption papers and the sheet that I just signed saying I have temporary custody "Thank you so much Cora" "No problem" I smiled and opened the door "It was good to see you again" "You too" I smiled and put the paperwork under my arm and walked over to the gate and opened it. I jogged up the stairs and nodded to Jay to go into the breakroom.

"Everything ok?" I nodded and put the paperwork down on the desk "You have custody?" I nodded "Part-time just now unless I want to adopt" "Kat that's great" He pulled me into a hug "Watch the ribs" I winced in pain "Sorry" I smiled and picked the papers up "Don't tell anyone I need to tell Will myself" "I'll come with you because you don't have a car" "We can go once we are done and you do have a spare bedroom don't you" "Yeah before you moved in I had 2 it's down that hall that none of us goes down" I chuckled "Is it just a bedroom" "Yeah" "How old is she?" I looked at Jay "7 I think" I flicked through the paperwork "Mya Flynn aged 6" I nodded "I'll have to get her a school" "Go look now" "Nah I'll get Mouse to do it so I can make sure she is ok" "Ok" I nodded and walked out.
"Mouse can I ask a favour?" "Yeah sure," I wrote it down on a post-it note so no one would hear 'Can you look up schools close to 51, here and Jay and I's?' I put the post-it note on his desk then picked Mya up and put her on my knee. I opened the locked drawer and put the paperwork in then locked it again. "So Mya do you want to come home with me?" "Can I?" I nodded and she turned around and hugged me tight "Aww" I rubbed her back "I already spoke to child services who say you can stay with me and if you want I can adopt you" I smiled and she hugged me again "Really" "Yeah" A smile grew on my face and I looked at Ruzek who had a slight smile on his. "Does that mean I get to come see the firetrucks?" "Not tomorrow but the day after" "Yey" I smiled and kissed her head. I look at Jay when Voight walks out his office "Gear up I'll tell you why in the basement" They all grabbed their jackets "Be safe big brother" "I will be" I smiled and Jay kissed my head. 
Mouse looked at me "Something I should know?" "I'm an emergency foster carer and I've been in the system and I didn't want Mya in the system" I looked down at the 6-year-old colouring the firetruck "You're mad aren't you" "No not in the slightest" I smiled, "I think we should come clean soon" "Yeah?" "Yeah I'll set a day and time with Jay" "Ok" I smiled "Mya do you want something to eat and drink?" "Yeah" I smiled and picked Mya up and put her on my hip and walked through to the breakroom.
I put Mya on the seat and looked in the cupboard "There's no good food let's phone Stella and see if she can bring us Mcdonalds" "Yeah" My jumped down and ran up to me and I picked her up. "Chicken nuggets?" "Yeah I love chicken nuggets" I took my phone out my pocket and phoned Stella. "Hey, Halstead" "Hey Kidd is there any chance you can do me a favour" "Yeah what's up" "Can you go to McDonald's for me" "Yeah what do you want" "Can I get a kids chicken nugget, a normal chicken nugget and I'll ask Mouse if he wants anything give me a minute" I muted the phone call and walked through to the bullpen "Mouse do you want anything from McDonald's?" "Erm, just a burger" "Ok" I sat down and put Mya on my knee and unmuted the call "Sorry Kidd can you get a burger as well" "Yeah sure where are you?" "Can you bring them to the 21st then ask Platt for Halstead" "I'll be there soon" "Thanks Kidd" "No worry Halstead" I hung up put my phone back in my pocket then looked down at Mya who was now colouring another firetruck. I smiled then everyone else started walking up the stairs. "Hey, big brother" "Hey little sister hey Mya" I smiled "Hey Jay" I sat typing "Schools" I grabbed the list from Mouse "Thank you" I mouthed and looked at the list of schools. "Halstead" I turned around "Kidd's here" I nodded "Mya shall we go get food" She nodded and jumped up and I picked Mya up and walked downstairs and saw Kidd standing.