Boomer

{Authors Note: i know that a lot of you Wattpaders are not from the US. Hell most of you from the US probably wont understand what i mention in this chapter. Im a huge college football fan and I grew up in Oklahoma. In this chapter I talk mention the University of Oklahoma and the University of Texas. there is a long standing feud between the two teams. If you would like to read more about the rivalry just google Red River Rivalry. Maybe it'll help you understand this chapter a little better.}

Chapter Twenty-One

Eric was surprised to see that the challenge was a roping competition between Aiden and Abby. The goal was to see who could rope the dummy steer the most times in a two minute period. Apparently Abby always won.

"Hey boy, how are ya today?" Wyatt walked up behind Eric and clapped him on the shoulder.

"I'm good, better since you're not holding a gun." Eric and Wyatt laughed, while his family looked confused. "Guys this is Abby's dad, Wyatt."

"I'm Rick. This is my wife Linda, son Lucas and daughter Bethany." Rick said as he shook Wyatt's hand.

"Nice to meet you all."

"That was a cool thing you did, donating those horses for the scholarship." Eric was starting to see where Abby got her big heart from.

"It was nothin'. Are you going to the rodeo tomorrow? I think the boys are trying to talk Abby into letting them compete. I don't know if she's gonna let them or not. She's not ready for them to grow up just yet." Wyatt smiled.

"We may have to go. Can't miss watching them."

"I WANNA REMATCH ABELENE! YOU CAN'T ALWAYS BE THE WINNER!"

"LEARN HOW TO ROPE THEN AIDEN. IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU SUCK." Abby yelled back at her brother as she walked towards her dad and Eric. "He is such a sore loser. Did you guys see me kick his butt?" Abby smiled and gave her dad a hug.

Wyatt hugged her back. "One of these days he'll learn that he can't beat a champ."

They all walked back to their chairs. "Dad call Grey and have him and the boys get the lawn chairs out of the truck."

Eric sat down and pulled Abby onto his lap. "You and your brother are so competitive. Do you turn everything into a competition?"

"Most of the time, but it's all for fun."

"Your dad said that you were a champion. Did you win a lot of competitions or something?" Bethany asked.

Abby just shrugged while Wyatt answered. "She and Cole were junior roping champions when they were sixteen. They were second place the next year. Cole went on to be a world champion."

"Why didn't you go on?" Eric's dad was curious as to why someone that good would just quit.

"I got pregnant. Then I went to college. About once a year I'll partner with Cole for a charity rodeo. I just do it for fun now."

"You went to college after you had two little babies. That's amazing. Where did you go?" Eric's mom was shocked that Abby had went ahead to college. Most young people with just one baby didn't go on to finish school.

"I went to the University of Oklahoma."

"You went all the way to Oklahoma for school. Did you and your husband move there or did you take online classes?"

"I was never married. My brother Austin and Jake moved up there with me. They took turns babysitting while I was getting my veterinary degree." Abby was grateful that her brother and best friend had uprooted their lives so that she could better hers and the boys'. That's why when Jake needed a place to stay last year she didn't think twice about letting him move in with her and the boys.

"Oh wow, you're a vet, that's cool. It's amazing how vets can take care of pets, since they can't tell you what's wrong with them." Bethany gushed.

"Uh well, I have the degree and I use it occasionally for friends and family. Now I mainly use it for my business. It's cheaper for my clients if something happens to their horses while I'm training them I can take care of them instead of calling out another vet that will charge a crapload of money. So, I am putting it to good use and I do get more business because I have the degree."

"Why didn't you just go to the University of Texas? It's closer." Rick was a huge Texas fan. He didn't know why anyone would go to Oklahoma to go to college.

"Oh hell no. Sooner born, Sooner bred, I'll be a Sooner 'til I'm dead."

Eric and Wyatt burst out laughing while Eric's family just looked shocked about what she said.

"Sorry. I may be from Texas but I'll never be a Longhorn fan. That's another reason that Aiden and I are so competitive, he went to the University of Texas while I went to OU."

Greyson and the boys showed up with a couple of chairs so that Abby and Wyatt could sit down. "Mom, can we have money to get a funnel cake? Grey said that he wouldn't buy us one." Embry was giving her puppy eyes while Logan asked.

Before Abby could even answer Eric was already pulling out his wallet and handed them a twenty. "Bring me back a Dr. Pepper." The boys ran off before Abby could tell them to give Eric his money back.

"You didn't have to do that. I'm pretty sure that they have money in their pockets." Abby stared at Eric.

Eric shrugged. "I know, but I wanted to." He smiled at her and she stuck her tongue out at him.

They all heard a child screaming frantically for its mom. Eric jumped out of his chair and looked for the kid. When his eyes finally found the screaming kid he was shocked to see that it was Embry.