Chapter 1 ~ Besties!

Listen, the photo is this photo cuz it's so cute! Anyways, the story is based on a roblox roleplay me and my friend are doing. In the roleplay we live with each other for the convenience of using my home but in the story we have seperate houses. Just a quick note, there may be ⚠️ trigger warnings ⚠️ Swearing, Sexual references (you will see what I mean, and no there is not going to be smut between Mae and Kyu) and panic attacks. Anyways enjoy! Also, just for future reference italics are in the character's head.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
~~One year after the incident~~
~~Mae's PoV~~
I woke up quickly, hitting my head on the roof. I cursed under my breath, climbing down the ladder to my bed. There was a desk under my bed, kind of like a bunk bed but the bottom bunk would be a desk instead of a bed. My room was fairly small compared to the house but I was fine with it.

I got up and got ready for school. I sighed, filling my backpack with the essentials. I left my room, smelling breakfast. I rushed downstairs in my black jeans, white sneakers, red hoodie with patches similar to Micheal's and black-rimmed glasses. I seemed very cheerful today, other than the fact I hit my head. "Wow, Dad, I didn't know you could cook so well!" I said, then I noticed they weren't there. "Huh..." I said quietly. I then noticed a note next to my breakfast saying 'Me and your father are in the basement. Come down and tell us when you're going to school. Love you! ~ Micheal.'

I looked to my breakfast, seeing pancakes with a red Mountain Dew as a drink. I smiled, knowing it'll be a good day with a good breakfast. I quickly ate my breakfast and went into the basement to check in with my dads. They were playing Apocalypse Of The Damned. I smiled at them, they were a cute couple and I was lucky to have them as my dads. "Hey, Dads. I'm heading over to school now." I said loud enough for them to hear from the stairs. "Alright! Stay safe!" Micheal said as I left the house. I got out my car keys and drove my car over to Kyu's house. I usually drove her to school. I didn't mind it, I actually pretty much enjoyed it. Any chance I get to hang with her means everything to me. Traffic was slow, which meant it was going to take some time to get to her.

~~Kyu's PoV~~
I sighed, waiting for Mae to arrive. I checked the time, it being almost time for school. "Come on... Where is she?" I said quietly, being jump scared by my father, Present Mic screaming karaoke lyrics. I just sighed as my other father, Aizawa, would stop him soon.

I saw Mae outside, and smiled. I was always happy to see her. I grabbed my backpack, putting on black sneakers and going outside. It was fairly warm so I didn't wear a sweater. I then walked from my house to Mae's car.

Her car was a PT cruiser, like her father's. I saw her smiling at me as I smiled back. I got in and locked the car, puttingon my seatbelt and greeting her kindly. I saw she didn't answer and I got a bit confused and sad. "Mae..?"

~~Mae's PoV~~
When I got there I saw her walked out. I smiled nicely to her, and when she smiled back I zoned out. I started day dreaming about what we could do after school. Then I heard her call my name.
"Mae..?"
"Huh?" I said, turning to her. She wasn't smiling anymore, which had me concerned.
"Oh, good! You were just day dreaming or something..." She smiled again.
"Yeah.. what's up?"
"We're going to be late.." She looked at the clock.
"Shit, you're right." I said, starting the car as I drove us to school. I decided to play music and Bob Marley came on the radio. 'Damn I'm such a geek!' I exclaimed in my head as I saw Kyu laugh at me.

~~Kyu's PoV~~
"Dude, you're geeking out so hard right now." I laughed, seeing her face was red. She laughed along with me and I smiled. She stopped the car, saying we were here. I nodded and left the car, going inside.

We were almost late, but luckily we didn't stay in the car long or make stops before class. We got in the class and saw Ms. Remmings. She seemed upset or angry at someone, and usually didn't care for people being late unless she was mad or we had a good reason. I mean, we could lie though.. right?