Chapter 10

"Here is the plate of food you requested sir." one of my maids says as she places the food on the counter next to me a cup of coffee next to it.

"Thank you." I say.

Stella sits next to me and it looks like she hasn't slept at all last night.

"Can I have my maids get you any food?" I ask.

"No I am fine I will be a little late to work today but I will be there." She replies.

I nod my head and watch her walk away. I sigh but eat my food as quickly as possible. I have already missed enough work over the last few days I can't miss anymore. I call my driver and tell him to not worry about driving me but to be ready to take Stella to work. I go and hop into my black Ferrari and drive the distance to work. I walk into my office and find Weston sitting in my seat.

"Get your butt out of my chair." I say.

"good morning to you too." He replies.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. What do you want?" I ask.

"I wanted to check up on you and see how you were doing. I heard you had a rough few days." He says.

"I'm fine Weston. Stella has just had a lot going on okay?"

"What do you mean a lot going on?"

"I don't know I am not pushing her. I am just letting her do whatever she needs to do and she is coming in so be on your best behavior." I reply.

"She's coming in? Has she been doing okay?" He asks.

"She is most definitely not okay but I'm going to give her some room to breath and let her do what she needs to do. If it becomes an issue I hope she will come to me but in the men time I'm going to back off." I say.

"That makes sense. Well I am going to go and make sure we didn't miss any of the names for the invitations. If so I'll send them to Stella." Weston says heading to my office door, opening it.

I look up and find Stella walking off the elevator.

"Best behavior." I say  right before he leaves and Stella takes his place.

"Again sorry for being late and thank you for being so kind and taking care of me." She says.

"Of course. Feel free to stay there for as long as you need to." I reply.

"I actually am having Harrison take my things back to my apartment. Thank you again for everything. I really should get back to work. That ball isn't going to plan itself." She replies.

"Okay. I'm here if you ever need it."

She nods her head and walks out back to her office and hits the shade button so on one can see inside. I sigh.

"I think I need to give her more space man. The harder I try the more she pushes away. I'm trying really hard but I'm not getting anywhere."

"Just be natural about things. Don't overthink it. From what I can gather she doesn't like other people doing things for her. I'm sure she has had to do things all on her own so she isn't the type of person to just accept help easily. Eliza said it herself she has been alone for a while now."

"Your right. I just don't know how to do that. I have all this money and I want to help her."

"I know just dial it back a bit."

"Okay I'll try let's get some work done I can't think about this anymore."

Weston nods his head and walks over to me. What can I work on for you?" He asks.