Chapter 4: cause now I'm as free as birds catching the wind

20 hours in; 4 hours remain

Later in the day, Alex and Denis washed the dishes as they had that morning. Something had been nipping at Alex, more every second.

Will he still like me after today? he thought.

He wanted to ask, but instead, he just said, "I wonder why your emotion was love."

"Albert said that your life can influence- never mind." the last part Denis spit out quickly, realizing what he said.

"What?" Alex smiled. "You liked me before?"

"I-I might've," Denis scratched the back of his neck.

"Why didn't you ask me out? I liked you!"

"Seriously?!" they both blushed.

"Yes," Alex laughed.

22 hours in; 2 hours remain

That night, when the two went to bed, Denis kissed Alex goodnight and turned off the lamp. He fell asleep right away. But for Alex, it took some time.

8 hours after; day complete: 8:00am

When Alex woke up, Denis was laying next to him, on his phone. "Good morning!" he smiled, the blue light on the side of his face.

"Good morning," Alex rubbed his eyes. Does he still like me?

Denis kissed Alex's forehead. "I'm gonna take a shower. I love you,"

"I love you, too," Alex beamed.

When the bathroom door closed, Alex whispered, "Oh, thank god." His head fell in his hands.

They were really a couple.