Day 5: Hug

Welcome again!

Alright, theme of the day is 'Hug/Monarch butterfly (Tanjiro... haha, sorry, the meanings are positive attitude, enthusiasm and tranquility... so yeah, Tanjiro)'

Alright, bad jokes aside.

Remember to check out the tumblr and twitter for more content!

Without further ado, on with the chapter!

Disclaimer: I don't own KnY

--------------------------------------

Kamado Tanjiro is an honest person.

This is one statement that anyone who knows the red haired swordsman would immediately agree on; it was a fact, really, like saying that the sky is blue or that Inosuke is loud.

He isn't just honest with other people, Tanjiro doesn't even lie to himself, whether it's about his ability with the sword or any other matter, he doesn't try to think of excuses or think he is better than he actually is; which is why he can say this with certainty.

'I like Kanao.' To himself that is. 'What do I do...?'

Tanjiro was currently outside the Butterfly State, after training for a while his thoughts moved to the Tsuyuri which had immediately broken his concentration and rendered any further attempt at training pointless.

So, in his confusion, he began to tap a nearby tree with his forehead, hoping to find the reason for it, eventually arriving at that conclusion.

'When was it that I began feeling like this?' He wondered. 'It wasn't back in the Final Selection or when I first stayed here...' The Kamado began to think back on his interactions with Kanao while still tapping the tree with his forehead, hoping for some enlightenment. 'I always thought she was cute, even though she barely talked and through that smile that didn't reach her eyes, I can say for certain that I always found her cute but... it was after the first time I stayed here that I began to think more about it.' Tanjiro crossed his arms and closed his eyes, keeping his head glued to the tree instead of tapping it.

'Her smile turned from just cute to beautiful, I realized how pretty her eyes are, how she cares about Shinobu-san and the other members of the Butterfly State, like that time Aoi-san and Kiyo-chan were taking their time coming back from shopping and she immediately went to try and find them, or the time Inosuke almost dropped that box on top of Naho-chan and she covered her.' A blush rose in his face when he thought back on how happy she looked that Naho wasn't injured. 'Even though she said she didn't care about anything and needed her coin to decide, those were definitely her own decisions and will... ah, I see.' Tanjiro's eyes opened. 'There wasn't any single moment; I just fell for her the more I got to know her.'

Sighing contently at figuring that out, Tanjiro moved back from the tree.

Thud

And immediately head butted it.

'But what do I do now? I've never liked anyone like this before!' While he had wondered how having a girlfriend would be back in his hometown, before he learned about demons, he never had the time to actually look at any girl like that.

Oh, there were girls he found cute and he did talk to some of them from time to time, but it never went beyond friendship at most since he always prioritized helping his family.

Whenever his father, mother, or even his siblings would mention that they don't want to burden him to the point he misses out on life, he would only smile and answer 'You're my family, you're never a burden' and leave the rest of the Kamados with no way of retorting.