"Did you know, Luci, that being shot hurts more than I expected?" Nyx says casually. "It's not like being on fire, but it's not a scrape either."

"Right," Lucifer says. "Why did you let yourself get caught?"

"Did I have a choice?" Nyx replies before he starts giggling madly to himself. "Dear, people are such interesting specimens. They can think they're at the top of the food chain, that there's no way they can lose. Then I get to bring all of that crashing down."

"Is that why you killed all those people?" Chloe asks, deciding to step into the conversation.

"Them?" Nyx says. "I killed them because they deserved it. They're the reason why I was stuck in hell for something I didn't do."

"And what was that?" Chloe asks.

Nyx gives her a smile. "They framed me for an attempt on Luci's life. I don't know what's more unbelievable; the fact they dared to frame me, or the fact Luci believed them over me. It hurts, you know?"

Lucifer grimaces, looking away, Nyx tilting his head at him.

"So you've been killing the people who framed you," Chloe says, getting a nod in reply.

"Oh, don't worry, Detective," Nyx says. "You won't find the last of them; there's no need for the LAPD to know about them anymore."

"And there was before?" Lucifer asks, playing along.

"Well, it was fun to see you squirm, Luci," Nyx replies with a closed-eyed smile. "But the fun's gone, no need to leave bodies lying around. The chase was fun though. What a way to exercise freedom. Though if I ever am locked up in hell again, I don't think I'll be as... merciful when I get out."

"Merciful?" Lucifer asks, adding a disbelieving tone to his voice. "This was you being merciful?"

"I didn't keep them alive and torture them longer, did I?" Nyx says, eyes starting to droop and his head starting to hang. "No, I didn't. Pretty merciful if you ask me."

"Are you alright?" Chloe asks, "you're starting to look a little pale."

"Oh yes, I'm fine," Nyx replies. "Though I do believe I'm bleeding out. See, this bandage your friends put on me has come undone and you seemed busy, very—I believe the phrase is—'in the zone.'"

Nyx moves his leg, showing the slowly growing blood patch on his pants. Lucifer is kneeling next to the draxon in an instant, pulling his pant leg up and looking at the loose bandage wrapped around his leg.

Why haven't you healed this? Lucifer asks, panicking slightly.

Well, humans don't heal that fast, do they? Nyx replies, tilting his head back, eyes closed. I figured it would be suspicious.

As Lucifer re-wraps the bandage, Nyx starts singing softly, a smile on his lips as Chloe watches him carefully.

"Close your eyes,
And count to seven.
When you wake, you'll be in heaven.
But now you pay for your sins.
Try and try, but you'll never win.
You can hide and I will seek,
Your escape attempts seem so weak.
Close your eyes,
And count to seven.
You will never wake in heaven."

Lucifer sits back, watching the draxon as he looks at what Lucifer did.

"Aw, thanks Luci," Nyx says with a smile.

Lucifer hesitates, making a decision before he replies, "just don't let it happen again, love."

"No promises, Luci," Nyx replies, seeing the decision made. "Getting hurt is part of the thrill."

"Lucifer..." Chloe says softly, drifting off.

Lucifer sighs and stands beside Nyx, knowing what'll happen. "Detective... I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not going to hide the truth."

"You've been helping him?" Chloe whispers, one hand going to her gun.

"I... Not really," Lucifer replies. "I only started siding with him just before those two bodies were found in the park."

"Why? After everything you've done with me and the LAPD, why?"

Lucifer looks to the draxon before replying. "I still love him, Detective. And the people, demons, he's killed truly do deserve it."

"You don't cross the two Kings," Nyx muses with a closed-eyed smile. "Now, I believe we're going to have to cut this short. I made a promise to a young friend of mine, and you can't expect me to break a promise to a six-year-old."

"And you can't expect me to just let you leave," Chloe says, drawing her gun as Lucifer opens the handcuffs binding Nyx to the table.

"Sorry Detective," Lucifer says. "It was an honor to work with you, though."

Chloe blinks at the sudden, unexplainable wind that blows through the room, letting out a breath as she looks around at the now empty room.

The devil and the draxon are gone.