𝚘𝚗𝚎

FOLIE À DEUX

- CHAPTER ONE: WELCOME HOME -

Eloise opened her eyes slowly. She was quite dizzy from the travel, but also amazed by what she saw. The Hogwarts Castle in its early glory. Of course, the warmth and familiarity were still there.

The war was still far away and fear wasn't seen in people's eyes. The meaning of the word Death eater wasn't of any impact, students clue what it would mean in the future.

"Miss, are you alright?" a professor, perhaps, asked Eloise, breaking her trance.

"Yes, of course." the blonde smiled politely, brushing dirt off her clothes and getting up. As she turned to face the man, her eyes widened in recognition. It was Professor Slughorn, her 5th year potions teacher.

"I am a transfer student from Beauxbatons - Eloise H—DuPont" she introduced herself smiling politely, using a fake last name. The girl was a pureblood and didn't want to risk people recognizing her family name and word getting to her ancestors. She thanked all gods for her knowledge of the french language which would help sell her story better.

She also knew how close Riddle was to the potions professor, so it wouldn't hurt to get on the man's good side.

"Oh, well you better hurry on to the Great Hall, because the sorting ceremony is starting soon." he then offered to take her to the Great Hall, as she technically didn't yet know where it was.

Eloise saw the way he looked at her clothes and realized that it might not be so common for students, especially women, to be dressed in jeans, t-shirts, and leather jackets in that time.

On the way there, she made sure to mention how much she loved potions, and that she had heard of what a great professor he was. She was sure she would get an invitation to his next Slug Club meeting by how pleased he looked at her compliments.

As they stepped into the Great Hall, she quietly thanked him and got in line for the sorting ceremony. The girl patiently waited for her turn as she scanned the room for Tom Riddle.

In her time at Hogwarts, she had been a Ravenclaw. Now, she found herself wishing to be placed in Slytherin, just so that she could get closer to the young Voldemort.

Before she had the chance to spot him, though, her name was called, Headmaster Dippet explaining her transfer from Beauxbatons. She had no doubt Dumbledore (the one from her time) somehow arranged that, since she never had a talk with the man, nor give past Dumbledore the letter prepared in advance with all the information necessary.

As the hat was placed on her head, she held her breath, stressed at what would happen. Of course, when she was first sorted she wished to be put in Ravenclaw, as were her parents, but now she found herself praying the hat chooses Slytherin for her.

'Slytherin, eh?' she heard the hat address her. 'I don't know, Ravenclaw seems like the obvious choice, your bravery could also mean Gryffindor...'

Stressed, the girl dug her nails into her palm, almost drawing blood. Ravenclaw would make it hard enough to get close to Tom Riddle, but being placed in Gryffindor would make it nearly impossible. She needed to be in Slytherin!

'If you say so...Slytherin!' the hat announced, and said house cheered, people at other tables throwing her looks either full of pity or staring hatefully, perhaps as she had glared at new Slytherins in her time at Hogwarts.

She took a seat at the Slytherin table, next to a short-haired brunette girl. She didn't know if she should introduce herself, unsure of how friendly the girl would be. Fortunately, she didn't have to think about it for too long.