"Well-- I hope she feels better soon. That flu sucks." I said through a grimace and he nodded in agreement pulling away from me completely.

"You have no idea." For the second time in our conversation, something grim sparked behind his vibrant eyes. The "nothing is wrong" mask he'd been wearing from the moment I stalked up to him. It shattered, again, only momentarily. Something's wrong. Terribly wrong. And I need to know what it is. And why he insisted on hiding it.

Me: Mom ok? Dad says she has the flu. But he's being weird. Weirder than normal.

Kaycee: she's been puking and she's pretty lethargic. But she's fine.

Me: please let me know if she gets worse or whatever is happening. Dad's lying about something.

Kaycee: I'll let you know. Tell that old man I love him.

I smile at her words and put my phone back into my pocket. Well--he wasn't lying about her not feeling good at least. But there's something more to all of this, I swear there is. I wish I could squeeze it out of him somehow. But unfortunately for me, the man is a mountain, physically and mentally.

Dad's ocean eyes drift past me and an even bigger grin spreads across his lips. It didn't take a genius to understand why. I didn't have to glance back to know his golden child had entered the room. All 6'2 of his massive body wrapped around Dad as they embraced and gave the typical dude hug. A few pats on the back from each party and they pulled back. My father cupped Bodhi's face and really took in his appearance.

"Sorry I couldn't make it to your lecture. Have a dick of an essay due tomorrow." Bodhi raised his eyebrows and my Dad patted his cheek lovingly. Obviously buying into his false story about missing Dad's event. He never made it to the whole thing.

"I understand. I give the same speech every year. No biggie." My dad shrugged and pulled away completely, revealing another tall figure standing next to Bodhi.

My stomach dropped, and the spiders started their attack. Ascending up the flesh of my toes, across my ankles, and up my legs. My tongue dried like I had been in the desert for 40 nights. And my breaths? What breaths? I licked my lips. I had to act normal in front of them. I had to, which seemed more fucked up than anything. Not only did my brother not know his best friend was a piece of shit rapist, my father didn't know either. To them, he was another guy who had been a staple in our home for years. Not some brute who takes what he wants by force.

Some parents tell each other everything. But if you're mine, you neglect to tell your husband you caught a boy sneaking out of your daughter's room. My mother saw it as a hookup between two teenagers and refused to tell my father because of who he is.  Which I was thankful for at the time, but now? I wanted my father to kick his ass into next week and never let him recover.

"Hey, Dad, you remember----" Bodhi started.

"Zane Peterson," my dad said with a wide smile and patted him on the shoulder. "I haven't seen you around since--- you were all 17! Nice to see ya, Kid." My father beamed at the boys in front of him. His mind probably trailing back to their childhood together. Inseparable from the moment we walked through the doors of our former prep school. Best friends for life. Dad enjoyed the bond the boys had, and he loved the bond he had with Zane's father as well. I just wished he didn't.

"You want to join us for dinner?" My dad's eyes scanned my face and then my brothers. But Zane's eyes zoned in on me and only me, as he shook my father's hand.

"Thank you, Mr. Cole. That sounds amazing. I haven't gotten the chance to catch up with Callie yet." Ice formed in my veins. His eyes penetrated through my soul as my father looked back at me and raised his eyebrows.

Sex and Radio (Book 2)Completed|| जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें