🧪Chapter 20~Buddies?🧪

Začít od začátku

"This isn't the time to be taking a break, you two." Senku huffed while sawing through a log. [Y/n] sat in front of him, reading the blueprints.

"This is way too Spartan!" Chrome complained.

"Grandpa Kaseki's gonna die!" Suika cried while holding Kaseki's exhausted body.

"There's one more vitally important use for the waterwheel." Senku said and chuckled, "It's time for some fun gear-making. It'll work magic on the waterwheel's motion."

"Senku, I believe it's going to..." [Y/n] tried to warn, but the log already snapped in half, "...never mind..."

Senku whined, "Damn it. It broke again. Back to copying the designs again."

Chrome and Kaseki looked at the designs that [Y/n] was holding. "The teeth on just half of the disk catch the top and bottom in turn, and that turns a rotational motion into a back-and-forth motion. These ideas humanity came up with are incredible. This is insane." Chrome muttered.

"The craftsman in me is getting way too excited. It's pissing me off. Here, leave the intricate work to the pro." Kaseki said.

[Y/n] was shocked. "You both look fine, now." She muttered, nervously, "Weird..."

The boys got to work. 'Was I not needed here?' [Y/n] thought while watching them work quickly. Soon, the pump for the furnace was done.

"It's the air-blowing machine for building fires!" Chrome said and the citizens of the village got really happy.

"This was the hardest work we had to do in exchange for ramen."

"The hellish iron-making is finally mechanized!" Gen announced.

"Hooray for energy!" Everyone cheered.

"I told you, this doesn't mean you can slack off!" Senku said.

"The non-fighters can focus on preparing for the winter!" Kokuya said.

[Y/n] humming. "Preparing for winter..." She muttered then an idea hit her, "I have an idea!"

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

"Everything I see, I see for the first time." Kokuya said while standing in the lab and looking at the table filled with bottles of preserved meats, "This is called bottling, huh?"

[Y/n] nodded. "It's the ancestor of canning." Gen added.

"Now, you can preserve meat through winter and take care of the village without worry." [Y/n] said with a small smile.

[Y/n]'s eyes wandered towards Senku and the craft team. They looked so focus on the task at hand. The serious look on Senku's face, the little twitch in his eyebrow as he examined the glass bulb, and the way his lips pressed in a thin line. Even when extremely focused, he looked so handsome.

"[Y/n]-chan, you're drooling." Gen teased, making [Y/n] blush as she patted her lips. They were dry.

"I am not!" [Y/n] said while glaring at Gen.

Gen chuckled and grabbed [Y/n]'s hand. "Come on." He said.

"Huh? Wa-" [Y/n] was pulled by Gen towards the crafts team.

"What's the Spartan crafts team making this time?" Gen asked.

"Light bulbs." Senku said, and Gen stopped. [Y/n] pulled her hand away from Gen and sat next to Senku.

"It gets up to about 2,000 degrees once it's lit. That makes the metal connections melt apart. We're going to use glass as a tiny adhesive." Senku explained.