07: Play With Us

The morning arrived, and as expected, I did not get a good night's sleep

The morning arrived, and as expected, I did not get a good night's sleep. I stayed up all night trying to figure out what that bizarre creature was. When I think of Jay, the image of his head hanging on that wooden platform and wailing still comes to mind. But then I remembered what happened the night before. I've recognized it now. Only five figures of males were visible to me. So, where have the other two gone?

"Knock knock!" A man's voice interrupted me from further thinking about what happened, I looked at him and was confused to see the guy from yesterday who sewed the dress that I ruined, now inside my room and smiling at me mischievously.

"May I come in?" He asked, smiling from ear to ear.

Didn't I noticed him walk in earlier? Maybe I was too preoccupied thinking about what happened last night that I completely ignored it when the door opened. I sighed heavily and answered, "You're already inside"

And I heard him chuckle as I saw in my peripheral view that he is now walking towards my direction. I sat up from my bed when he sat on the edge of it, and he asked still wearing that same smile on his face,  "Do you remember my name?"

How could I even forget his name? He was the one I thought the kindest here, but ended up being the scariest. How could such a cute looking guy like him... be one of them? 

I slowly nodded and I saw his smile got even wider than before. "That's good" I quickly avoided making eye contact with him when he suddenly looked at me. As he said, "I would just like to apologize for what I acted last night. I am just sad to see that you didn't like the dress I sewed for you"

I felt a little guilty as I looked at this fairly innocent boy. But I still felt relieved, because what could have happened to me if I hadn't damaged that dress? Will I be able to stay alive today if we played yesterday?

But since I feel a little apologetic, I said, "N-no it's not that! I l-like the dress! It's pretty!"

Which I regret soon after when his innocent smile suddenly faded as he looked at me with those sharp eye.

"Then why did you ruined it?" He asked me.

He was waiting for me to answer his question, although I have already a clear answer in my mind, I was hesitating to say it out loud. But if I didn't answer it honestly, I could no longer think of any reasons to make.

"I don't.... want to play with you guys"

With that weak but clear answer, I lowered my head and clasped my hands together, hoping that my response would not enrage him. I was worried if he was ready to injure me or something because he didn't say anything for a few of seconds. When I looked up to him, all he did was stare at me with those innocent eyes, then he questioned, "What?" once more.

I cleared my throat nervously and answered with a shaking voice, "I
don't want to play as your princess"

When continuous laughter filled every corner of this massive space, I was absolutely taken aback. Laughter coming from the man in front of me, who seemed to be laughing at something I said, despite the fact that I had no idea what was humorous about it. "HAHAHAHA"

"It's been a while since I heard that line."

"I already heard that line from all the previous princesses" he said as his laugh finally faded, wiping the tears from his eyes that formed due to laughing too much.

My eyes squinted to what he said, and asked, "There are other girls before me?"

"Don't be jealous" he chuckled which made my eyebrows frowned.

You lunatic, I'm not! How could they have imprisoned me in this place?! If there are any other girls! Isn't this a bit unjust!? Outside, there was a world full with depravity and unethical behavior! And I'll be suffering the same thing till I get here?! Why did they have to lock me up because I refused to play with them while the other girls were freed?

"They are all dead anyway"

I flinched to what he said, as my mind malfunctioned. The only word escape from my mouth is... "What?"

"You heard it right. They are all dead, because they refused to play with us"

I noticed how the corner of his lips arched as he looked down at his hands, which were now on top of his lap. "Rejection... is the most agonizing thing a guy can get, don't you think?" he said, tilting his head to look at me again, his eyes were nearly far visible as he smiled.

He sighed heavily, and stood up straight as he stretched his back and arms, turning his back to face me. Yawning, he said "Pretty lucky of you that I'm the only one who heard what you said. If the other guys hear it, you'll be like the other previous princesses"

Looking at him, he doesn't appear to be menacing, but I knew he was telling the truth because of his voice and what he said. That if I didn't do as they said, I'd end up like the other girls. He's like a parent telling his child that if she doesn't study for the exam, he won't let her leave the house.

I looked down and cleared my throat nervously, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Do you want to die?" That strange question he asked is what made me flinched and looked up at him once again. And I answered him in a feeble tone, "N-no"

"Then play with us"

"That's the only way you can survive" he added, as he leaned closer and smiled mischievously.

He hauled himself up and stretched his arms once again, as he added, grinning  "Not unless a true prince charming comes to rescue you"

.....