Chapter 6

I couldn't wait for meeting with Tanya as if I was a little kid who was unable to hide his excitement. In Arthdal I had to guard her, so we spent together all days and even nights. She let me watch her in her room, when she was trying to fall asleep. But we have never been close. It was inappropriate. An ordinary warrior couldn't even look at Niruha like I did. But I wasn't just an ordinary warrior. I was a Tagon's warrior and now, I was also his son.

Tanya entered the café, smiling shyly. This time she didn't have a warm sweter with her, so I took off my leather jacket, putting it on her shoulders. She trembled, opening her mouth as if she wanted to protest, but she didn't say a single word.

"Thank you" she whispered finally, sitting in front of me.

I had a feeling that Tanya was the only one who could have helped me get my memories back. In Arthdal she became Niruha and High Priest while here, she was only a florist? Tagon wouldn't have ordered me to watch an ordinary florist.

"I really like this place. I often go here after my work. I always spend time with my friends, but being here with you is really pleasant as well. I judged you wrong, I'm sorry. I thought you only wanted to make fun of me. You have everything while I'm literally nobody" she said, looking into my eyes.

There was nothing wrong with being nobody. For me she wasn't a nobody. She was my Niruha. The more time I spent with her, the faster my heart started to beat. Was it because of my lost memories? Because of the unknown desire I didn't know?

I had to know the truth. That was my mission. Tanya didn't have a florist apron with a small notebook inside her pocket, but her bag was hanging on the chair, so I leaned against the table, grabbing it. I opened her bag, putting my hand inside. She was shocked, but didn't stop me.

"Do you want to tell me something?" she asked.

I nodded, trying to find a pen and a notebook inside her bag. I did it finally after I grabbed by accident her girly stuff.

Drinking coffee was great, but it couldn't compare with the true and unique taste of alcohol. Since Tagon showed me the pub, I decided to go there with her. That was a perfect place to get back memories. Maybe I wasn't the best at drawing, but I doodled clumsily a beer bottle, showing it to confused Tanya.

"What is it?" she asked.

I sighed. That was beer! I tried again, adding some details to my drawing.

"Och..."

Tanya's cheeks turned red immediately. She bit her bottom lips, smiling shyly. Why did she react like this? I was confused as well.

"I usually don't go to the parties... " she said.

What party? I didn't want to go to the party. I just wanted to drink beer with her. That was all.

"Would you mind if I invite a friend? Don't get me wrong, I really want to go with you, but understand me. We don't know each other well yet, and I would feel more comfortable with my friend. You can also invite somebody" she said.

But I didn't have friends. I didn't even want to go to the party, it was a misunderstanding. But it also was a great opportunity. Inviting Saya was like a commiting suicide. He was the last person I wanted to go with.

"Can you give me your phone number?" she asked me suddenly.

I sighed silently. I had a phone but I still wasn't able to use it. But I gave it to her. At least she knew what to do. She wrote something on my phone, giving it to me back.

"That's my number" she said with a shy smile on her face. Was she excited? Tanya Niruha wasn't as complicated as Tanya from this world for sure.

*