A Cold Night (part 1)

Francis had always been fascinated by spiders as a kid maybe that is the reason why they decided to love him a little more and they gave him blisters over his upper arm and his half face. His mother, Tamara thought of it as some witchcraft and gave him some tonics that aggravated the situation even more making her only child a source for the bullies to extract fun and making small kids afraid of his burned looking face. His mother, wanting to save him from all the torments started locking him in a room under her house far from the eyes of visitors and bullies.
The scars left with medical treatments after long time but the panic of getting locked and social anxiety left him with claustrophobia.

Today, 20 December 2019 11:10 pm
Francis is very excited for tomorrow. It's his first marriage anniversary tomorrow. He purchased a diamond neck piece for his wife and got it wrapped with red glitter paper.
He got home in his SUV parked it right in the garage. Had dinner and tried concentrating on the news channels with his tired drowsy eyes.
Suddenly he hears a doorbell, his wife Ashley won't be home before tomorrow morning due to her travel schedules. He moves towards the gate with lazy eyes but just as he moves a step forward he sees a diamond ring on the carpet near his couch. His conscious recognises it to be liza's ring. Liza..
The name sends a deep chill down his spine as his white face traces her marks on the memory lane.
Liza, her sunshine face with two almond shaped eyes looking at him with love. Her soft black curls dancing at her warm back just as a new river acquiring it's territory over the foreign land.
He picks up the ring put it in his pocket and unhook the girdles of the door.
It's Liza standing right in front of him.