Chapter Twenty Three

Zacznij od początku

"Dantae this is Delaney, my very single bestie." She grinned.

"Not single bestie, it's complicated." I took out my hand waiting for him to shake it.

Veronica laughed. "She's very much American."

"Hey! I was taught Spanish, it's just harder to understand it but I can speak it pretty well."

"Veronica told me that about you. I can speak both very well." He stated.

"Ok now that you two know sorta something about each other how much time do you have before you gotta go?" Veronica looked at Dantae.

"The guys wanna see you actually." Dantae smiled.

Veronica's smile disappeared.

"Dantae-" She then said something low that I couldn't hear and she said it in Spanish faster than what I could comprehend.

Something tells me something bad happened.

"No Veronica not that, not yet anyways. The boys, our amigos."

Veronica forced a smile. "Oh, of course."

My phone began to vibrate and Elias's name popped up.

"Excuse me." I muttered walking away.

"Laney?" Elias sounded worried.

"Yes?"

"Is Veronica ok? I haven't gotten a call from her at all." Elias sounded concerned.

"What?" I was confused.

"She hasn't called me. Is she ok? Please tell me Dantae's not there."

Shit. I turned to see Veronica talking to her grandma and Dantae checking her out.

"She's ok. What's so bad about Dantae?"

"He's a prick, he's bad for her. Just keep him away from her, I can't tell you everything because Veronica should. Just please make sure you don't go to any clubs."

"Elias why'd you let her come to Puerto Rico?" I waited for a response.

"I can't keep her here, no matter how much I want to keep her here. Please watch her. Be careful who you trust over there."

"Ok." I nodded even though he couldn't see.

"Tell her I love her."

"I will." I nodded.

"Bye."

"Bye."

I walked over to Veronica placing on a smile like what Elias just said didn't affect me.

"Was that Axel?" Veronica smiled.

"Actually Elias." I smiled back. "Nothing important. Can you help me pick out my outfit today?" I asked.

Veronica nodded knowing something happened.

"Actually your outfit right now will be fine. Let's go, we're gonna go get some food." Dantae butted in.

"Sounds fun." Veronica smiled getting up and motioning me to follow.

Something about this trip told me it was gonna be a long one.

•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•

We parked after traveling here and there and it made me want to go home. But I barely know the stranger that was taking us around places.

All he did was hang around Veronica or stare at her twenty four seven. The guy gave me the creeps.