Chapter 12 - The Battle of Starcourt

Depuis le début

"Hey, heads up. You can navigate, just from someplace safe." Hopper proposed as he tossed Dustin a walkie. Dustin advised for Erica, him, Steve, and Robin, to be drove down to Cerebro, the thing that can help them communicate from a  far away signal.

Y/n, Max, Lucas, and Mike was gathered into another corner, taking the time to talk before everything goes down. "Think we're going to survive this?" Max asked,

"I mean, we survived the Mind Flayer attacking us in a cabin." Y/n started,

"And we survived the last two years." Mike added,

"We'll be fine." Lucas ended, reassuring Max with a smile,

"Hey. We should probably go." Mike interrupted El and Hopper's conversation which ended in a hug.

"Mike." Hopper called, "Be careful." Mike just nodded and walked over to Max to help support El, Lucas was behind them, Will made his way to Y/n's side with a frown,

"I'm sure your mom's going to be alright. From what I can tell, she's strong." Y/n sighed as she grabbed his hand,

"Are you not worried about your mom?"

"What's the point of being worried when she's not here?" Y/n stopped at her tracks, "Hey, it'll be alright, we're going to get out of this alive and really, really, exhausted, okay?" Will snickered,

"Yeah, yeah, okay."

"When have I ever been wrong." Y/n bragged and kissed Will on the cheek, moving his hair back, "We'll be fine."

As the group was leaving with El, they find their car's ignition cable lost,  Nancy couldn't turn on the car. An engine roaring was heard and they all looked to their side, a car was coming right for them with Billy inside,

"Back in the mall!" Nancy demanded as they all got out of the car. Once inside, Mike was pacing back and forth, trying to contact the Scoops Troop, Lucas was aiming his slingshot, Nancy was unarming a russian, with Max and Will looking.  Y/n was stood beside the car that El threw earlier,

"Guys, help me out and get the ignition cable." In response, they all tried flipping the car over but it didn't work. El gives it a shot and to their disappointment, it still didn't work. But they didn't give up when they eventually flipped it right side up, letting them get the ignition cable for their own car.

Y/n and Will was watching Nancy and Jonathan when Will rubs the back of his neck again and a distinct rumbling was heard from outside, and when Y/n looked up, the Mind Flayer was on the roof, attempting to break the glass. And before she can even let out a word, Will grabbed her arm and ran to hide. Just then, the Mind Flayer crashes through the mall's roof and searches for them.

Will, Lucas, Nancy, Jonathan, and Y/n was behind the car, the Mind Flayer just right behind them as it roars, drowning out Dustin's panicked voice from the walkie they had left. Will was shaking, they all were, but Will could almost cry, he looks like he's having a panic attack, who wouldn't? The Mindflayer was right behind them but Y/n still placed her shaking hand on Will's knee and turned around to see the creature almost staring directly at her, she saw that Mike, Max, and El was making a run for the Gap, but it didn't notice, until something was knocked down, causing it to run towards El's direction and crashing into the Gap. Lucas uses his slingshot to distract the Mind Flayer from attacking El, Mike, and Max, long enough to get both the groups out of the mall.

Will, Lucas, Nancy, Jonathan, and Y/n ran as fast as they can outside to their car. Nancy noticed that Billy was still outside, "Nancy, aim for the car wheels." Y/n suggested,

"I'm aiming straight for him."

"Fine then." Y/n shoved Lucas out of the window seat and reloaded her gun,

"Please be careful with that thing." Jonathan warned which Y/n ignored and once Billy's car started, she shot the wheels while Nancy shot straight at the windshield, but though they were all a hit, the car didn't stop, it still went straight for them until Steve's car with Robin blocked the blow, causing Billy's car to light on fire. The Mindflayer was on the roof of the mall again as Nancy tells Steve and Robin to get in the car so they can drive off.

"Dusty-bun, you copy?" A voice from the walkie talkie spoke,

"I copy, Suzie-poo." Dustin's voice replied,

"Suzie what." Y/n asked as Dustin asks the supposed Suzie is she knew Planck's constant. Suzie clearly knew but she was confused on why Dustin was asking a weird question, but he clearly wasn't having it. That is, until Suzie and Dustin start harmonizing to a duet of Never-Ending Story.

The Mindflayer stops following the car and heads back to the mall, to try and get its attention, Y/n tries to shoot it again, but it ignored it.

At the mall, despite Mike and Max's efforts, Billy knocks them out and seizes Eleven, taking her to the Mind Flayer. As it approaches El, Steve, Robin, and the group arrive in time and throw firework explosives, preventing it from attacking her. One by one with every firework, they buy El more time to somehow escape Billy. "We're out!" Will screamed, but it didn't matter. Billy confronts the Mind Flayer and sacrifices himself to stop it from taking Eleven, causing him to die a painful and gruesome death. The Mindflayer then had a whole seizure, hitting the second floor rails and collapsed on the ground, a weak sound escaping it one last time.

Sitting in an ambulance car was Y/n, wondering how she's going to explain this to her mother and father, she was wondering if she'll ever see Hawkins ever again, that is until she saw Eleven standing alone, crying. Y/n stood up and walked over to El and pulled her into a hug, reassuring her that it'll be okay.