Yuu Otosaka X Reader

(Name) ran out of the classroom the moment they told her. She ran as fast as she could to reach him.

Finally arriving at his door, (Name) began banging on the door. "Yuu! Yuu, open up!"

To her surprise, with the first knock, the door slid opened. She stepped inside and made her way into the apartment. Her feet kicked empty ramen bowls and soda cans. Her nose sufficated several smells.

She didn't bother to avoid them, scared she'd fall face first. It was pitch black in there. The only source of light was the flickering screen from the living room doorway.

(Name) carefully stepped inside and searched for her friend. "Yuu?" she called.

Then she immediately saw a sad covered head with loveless eyes and half eaten Ramen in his hands. The Ramen must've gotten cold cold in his grip; there was no steam.

"Oh, Yuu," she sighed. She couldn't imagine what he might be going through. Losing his sister must've dealt an unforgiving blow at him.

Not knowing what to do, she began cleaning after him. Grabbing a trash bag from his kitchen, she began gathering the ramen cups and empty cans.

Once she got to his cup in his hand, he flinched. "Leave it," he said quietly. Bored, Tired. "Just leave it."

"But," (Name) spoke, "I'm just trying to help."

"I didn't ask for help."

"Well, you look like shit. You can't stay in this pig farm." Without waiting for another word, she snatched the food out of his grip.

"Stop it! Get out! I don't want you here!" Yuu yelled. Kicking empty Ramen cups at her. She dropped the trash bag and blocked the flying cups with her hand.

It was quiet. (Name) was taken aback and so was Yuu. The two stayed quiet.

(Name) sighed. She then continued to clean up, not paying Yuu any mind. Yuu didn't say anything anymore, didn't do anything.

When she was through, she sat next to Yuu on the floor, since he didn't want to get up.

"Do you want to talk?" (Name) asked.

"No."

She turned a bit to look at him. "Let me know when you do. I'm here whenever you need me to."

"I don't need you now," he spoke harshly but calmly.

"That might be true, but you need someone. I just happened to be here." She whispered to herself.

Hours passed and Yuu finally fell asleep. (Name) took her time to replace his covers with a clean one she found in one his rooms. She then did some other little chores Yuu was unable to do.

She stumbled upon Ayumi's room. With shake breath, she entered. She walked to the picture on her nightstand. Tears filled 'til the rim of her eyes.

The cold air in the room reminded (Name) that the young beautiful in the picture would not return.

Ayumi was like a baby sister to her. It was annoying how she would ship Yuu and her, but she was everything she would want in a little sister. It tore her when she heard but she needs to stay strong. For Ayumi, for Yuu and for herself.

She quickly placed the picture back, wiped her tears and left the room.

Yuu seemed to have woken up and stared lifelessly at his TV screen.

"Would you like anything?" she asked. Not hearing a response, she sat back down.

"You to leave."

"No. Are you hungry?"

He didn't respond. (Name) sighed and got her jacket. "Fine, I'll let you gather your thoughts."

By the time Yuu opened his mouth to flip her off, she left. The silence sounded deafening through the house. Yuu felt his heart peng.

Days passed and (Name) worried each day for the health of her friend. She almost regretted leaving him there by himself.

Laying face flat on her bed, she sighed. Her phone suddenly rang and she jerked up to grab it.

"Hello?"

"Hey," Yuu's voice sounded. It sounded tired.

"Yuu? What's wrong? Do you need something?" It was quiet on the other side of the line. Then some shuffling were heard. Some sniffing too.

"Yuu?"

"Please.." The sound of his plea poked her heart.

"Don't move, Yuu. I'm on my way to your place."

And as said, (Name) rushed to his place. She knocked on his door, quite hurriedly and waited. Not long after, Yuu came and opened the door, enough to see his gloomy eyes through the crack. He opened it wider when he saw who it was.

" Are you okay?" she asked when he closed the door.

He still wrapped himself with the blanket she left him with and the house was a mess again.

She sighed wanting to go for another trash bag but was held by the wrist. Yuu, now in tears, held her wrist tightly.

"I'm sorry, I..."

(Name) stared at him waiting for him to complete his sentence.

"I don't want to be alone." Yuu fell to his knees and sobbed. This must have been the first time he let it all out since his sister passed.

Kneeling, (Name) took him in her embrace. She kept him close, so close, he could hear her heartbeat if he was listening carefully.

" You're not alone, Yuu, " she spoke calmly. "You have your friends around you. You have me."

Yuu weakly wrapped his arms around her and calmed down a bit. He didn't know what to say but his thoughts were running to a certain thing; he thanked God for allowing him to meet such a great person.

"Damn it,..... !"

"What?" (Name) raised an eyebrow. He mumbled something but she couldn't make a clear sentence of it.

"I said, I love you," he spoke louder.

(Name) flinched. She backed off to look him in the eye, to see if he was sincere. His eyes were tired and drained.

"M-maybe you should eat and rest a bit more. You're talking gibberish." She chuckled with a thumping heart.

"I mean it," he said again, making her heart stutter.

"Yeah, yeah..."

She helped the boy up and sat him in the living room. She cleaned up around and received a bit of help from Yuu. She also prepared the last cups of Ramen for the two of them.

"Thank you," he said genuinely.

Surprised, (Name) 's eyes widened. This was the complete opposite of how Yuu' s narcassistic self behaved, ever since she returned to his house.

"S-sure."

... To be continued.