008 :::: school's out... for christmas

En başından başla

He turned back to Y/N. She was so cute, smiling in her sleep. He brushed her hair out of her eyes, careful not to wake her.

"How much longer til we're there?" He whispered to Remus, who had a watch.

"Not long," he whispered back, "about thirty-five minutes."

Remus turned back to Marlene. She was drawing something in her notepad. When she was done, she showed it to Remus.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"It's good, but let me help you with the faces, they're a little off." Remus said, taking Marlene's pencil and adding some things while Marlene leaned over him, watching.

"You're so artistic, honestly." She beamed, making Remus blush.

It was weird watching Remus... flirt, if you could even call it that. It's like catching your nerdy brother on a hot date. Matter of fact, that was exactly what it was like.

Sirius, on the other hand, was different. They were all used to it, and it was oddly quiet without him or Y/N up.

[ lily's pov. ]

. . .

Sirius was still asleep on Lily's shoulder when she finished her book. She brushed a lock of his hair out of his eyes, but it was that one lock that just wouldn't stay in place. Lily kept nagging at it, brushing it back every time it fell.

"Good luck with that," James smirked, leaning back in his chair but being careful not to stir Y/N.

She rolled her eyes but stopped, it wasn't worth it. For good measure, she ran a hand through his hair— it was surprisingly really soft— and stroked back the lock one last time.

Sirius stirred, and gingerly opened his eyes. He smiled gently before pulling Lily in closer, like she was his pillow or something.

"You're pretty," he acknowledged, voice still sick with sleep.

"Uhh," Lily trailed, embarrassed. Upon just waking up, Sirius wasn't as cocky yet, which was a little unnerving if she was being completely honest.

"You too." She said awkwardly, not sure how to respond to that.

Sirius smiled sleepily again before pulling her even closer, so she was sitting in his lap. He brushed her hair back before resting his chin on her shoulder, and he drifted off to sleep again.

This time, she fell asleep with him.

. . .

[ your pov. ]

. . .

"Y/N, we're here." James said softly.

"No, five more minutes." You said groggily, not even bothering to open your eyes yet.

James attempted to stand up but you wrapped your arms around his waist— he was your pillow.

"Just five more minutes." You pleaded, snuggling closer to him.

You were still half asleep, and wanted to go back to being fully asleep.

"Come on, Y/N," James said, standing up and pulling you up with him.

Your eyes were still closed and James wrapped an arm around your waist to keep you upright, as you were threatening to fall.

James took a few steps forward and you dragged your feet across the floor. He rolled his eyes at your overdramatic self and propped you up on his back, you sleepily wrapping your arms around his neck and resting your head back on his shoulder.

"Is she going to be like this the whole trip?" Sirius joked, now awake.

"Nah, we'll just stop at a donut place and she'll be up upon smelling them from a few blocks away." Lily laughed.

"And pizza," you smiled, "it's my sixth sense; smelling yummy food from six blocks away. It's also very useful when you want to find a good party joint."

"Can I put you down yet?" James asked, stepping off the train.

"Not yet, my trusty steed," you smirked, waking up a bit more. You could walk fine on your own, you were just milking it.

"But what if—?"

"On forth!" You interrupted, pointing forwards.

James chuckled before walking a bit more, a smile plastered on his face. He could cater for you all day, and if your friends would let you you would make him.

"Ok, your royal highness, I present to you, King's Cross station."

You leapt down from James' back and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "For being a noble and caring steed," you smirked.

James was temporarily dumbstruck until you pulled on his hand, walking with him through the platform.

Since you were now in a muggle area, you had to pull on your trunks by yourself. Sirius had two trunks as Lily was going to pull up the car.

There was a honk. Lily stepped out of her car, flexing her keys as she spun them around in her hand.

"You're awesome," you breathed, gazing at the car.

Lily had a minivan. It wasn't your average junkie one either, it was the proper BMW, the kind the hippies got. It looked great, and you couldn't wait.

"This is going to be the best road trip ever," You smiled, piling your trunk into the boot of the car with ease as Lily had an undetectable enlargement charm over the whole thing.

"It's going to be epic."

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱