VI - Cardboard for Desert

I couldn't keep my head still for the cab ride back to the Sidemen House long enough to look at the time. I definitely saw a 3, and 5, or it could have been an 8 with an s. wait that's not numbers.

The fact that I was drunk as shit wasn't the only thing keeping me distracted. Talia was laughing, not sure what at, nearly the whole 25 minute drive while leaning on my shoulder. Can't remember how we ended up in a cab just the 2 of us, but I wasn't complaining. 

Josh and Freya took a separate cab back to the Sidemen house and just pulled up in the driveway in front of us. I handed the driver some cash from the back seat and opened my door to get out. Being this drunk it was a lottery if my basic human functions would continue to keep me working at some level of normality. I stumbled out of the car and stood upright, breathing in fresh air, clearing my head and somehow making me a bit more sober. I leaned down and put my hand out to help Talia out of the cab. She wasn't uncontrollably drunk but I doubt she'd be able to walk to 10 steps to the front door without taking a detour into a bush. 

Talia: "Thank you *hiccup* Minter"

"come on, lets get you a drink and some food after all that" I didn't know if she wanted to come inside but I thought id try some old move and just get her in the house and work from there

Josh had opened the front door and left it ajar for us to follow inside. He and Freya then went into the kitchen.

We walked over the gravel driveway towards the front door as the cabs turned around and left. Talia clutched my arm for support as I almost dragged her along. She let go as we went through the door and I closed it behind me. I turned back to her and saw her looking up and spinning around in the massive open space. Suddenly she just looked like she had all the energy in the world.

Talia: sounding amazed "Its so big" she giggled and kept spinning around in the vast emptiness of the house's entrance.

Josh: He called from the kitchen "that's what she said" 

The sound was muffled and I don't think Talia heard it but I laughed a bit while watching her.

"Come on you" I said guiding her through to the kitchen and helping her onto a bar stool next to Freya who waited for Josh to get her a cup of coffee. 

I went over to the fridge and found a microwave pizza and thought that'd serve a purpose well enough. I removed the plastic and put the pizza into the microwave, turned the timer to something that should cook it long enough and pressed start. I then poured 2 glasses of water and circled the Island to take to Talia. 

Talia: "Thanks for looking after me Simon" she said quite genuinely as if her drunkenness had faded just for that remark. 

"Nah its fine" I replied trying to make it look like I wasn't trying too hard to get her approval

Talia: "noooooo" she protested going back to the drunken tone that he'd been accustomed to hearing for the last couple of hours "You're too cute doing all this for me"

She smiled up at me as she said that, I just sipped my water trying to hide a smile.

Freya: "Come on Josh, I'm about to drop" 

Josh: "Night you too, Don't let him take too much care of you Talia" he said smirking as he walked along with Freya out of the Kitchen and up to his room. 

*Ding*

I went over the the microwave and picked up the pizza by the cardboard base with no regard for it being hot and ran over to drop it on the counter top where Talia was sat. I cut the Pizza and she couldn't wait, stealing a slice the second I'd carved it out. She looked at me as she ate. I went and sat down beside her and took a slice myself