Pierce is signing their bill when he suddenly heard Nicky talk.

"Hi mommy!"Nicky greeted and Pierce looked at her.

"Hey baby, I was just about to call you and daddy."Meryl said from the other line. She is tired from work but hearing Nicky's voice brought back all her energy.

"I miss you mommy."Nicky said softly.

"I miss you more baby."Meryl replied.

"When are you coming home?"Nicky asked and Pierce is just looking at Nicky while listening to what she is saying to Meryl.

"About that,"Meryl started and Nicky looked at her father with worry in her eyes.

"Mommy will be extending her stay here because we needed to shoot more scenes and we are running out of time."Meryl explaimed softly to Nicky because she knows that her daughter doesn't really like the idea of her being an actress full-time and leaving her.

"I thought you are coming home the day after tomorrow?"Nicky asked almost a whisper and it is breaking Meryl's heart.

"That's what I thought too baby. I'm really sorry."Meryl answered and Nicky didn't say anything. She gave the phone to her father instead.

"Hey babe."Pierce greeted Meryl.

"Hi babe."Meryl replied with a hint of dismay in her voice.

"I think I already know what you and Nicky talked about."Pierce said and he heard Meryl heave a deep sigh from the other line.

"I feel guilty. She is so disappointed that I'll be away longer because of my work."Meryl uttered and Pierce looked at Nicky who is currently looking at her hands while she is fidgeting her thumbs.

"I'll make her understand okay?What I want you to do is finish your work and before you know it, you are home with us."Pierce said softly and that made Meryl smile.

"Yeah. I miss you both."Meryl whispered.

"We miss you too so much babe."Pierce replied.

"Kiss Nicky for me okay?I'll be home in a week."Meryl said and Pierce nodded even if Meryl can't see.

"I will. I love you Mary Louise."Pierce said and Meryl softly chuckled.

"I love you, too Pierce Brendan."Meryl replied and she ended the call. Meryl is still guilty but she knows that Pierce is right. She just need to work and she'll be home with her daughter and her boyfriend and she realized that if she worry and whine more, her work will be longer so now, she needs to be focused on finishing her job.

Pierce and Nicky went back to the apartment and as promised, Pierce helped Nicky pack her luggage for California.

"Daddy, can I sleep with you tonight?"Nicky asked and Pierce can still hear the hint of sadness in Nicky's voice.

"Of course sweetie. When we're done here, get ready for bed 'kay?"Pierce said and Nicky weakly nodded.

Pierce and Nicky is already in bed and Nicky is on top of her father who's brushing her hair.

"Why does mommy need to be away for a long time?"Nicky asked all of a sudden.

"I'll tell you this Nicky. Mommy and daddy's work as actors is making films or shows that people can relate to. For example, Mamma Mia. Mamma Mia is about Sophie who is still finding herself but decided to settle on the island and marry at a young age. That happens a lot in real life, when you are young, you always think that what you have is enough but then there is something bigger out there. In our work, we wanted to make people laugh, smile, cry, and make them forget the bad things that are happening around them. We sacrifice lots of things just to create one film just like leaving our family but remember this, mommy is away because she loves you. She is away because everything that she do is for your own good. It is her job to make people happy and at the same time earn for your future. If mommy will not work, how is she going to afford taking you to school or even buying you a food?Mommy feels bad because you are sad but she needed to do it for you and mommy loves you very much."Pierce explained to Nicky slowly and Nicky got her father's point.

Our Last Summerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें