Janet and Hank loosened their grip on Hope as they felt her become less tense. "Our help? She asked. "Who's included in the term 'our'?"

"The fallen heroes."

"Heroes?" Hope moved her body out of her parents' grip, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow. "Look, Dr Strange, I'm not a hero. I'm just a girl in a tech suit." And just like that, almost on command, the free-flying cape stopped in front of Hope and dropped the shrunken suit in her hand before sitting back on the Doctor.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine, you're a girl in a tech suit who has the fate of the world lying in her hands. Now, are you going to put the suit on and help us?"

She stared down at the suit in her hand, then at Dr Strange, and then her parents who looked to be tearing up. The decision was easy to make. She pulled her parents close once more, not knowing whether she'd make it back alive or not. "I'll be okay, I promise." She lied. She couldn't promise such a thing.

She turned back towards the Doctor. "Let's do this."

••••••••••

It had been a few days since Thanos and his army brought havoc upon the heroes. Heroes... that was still such a strange word. Scott may call himself that as a joke, but never anything serious. Hope still strove to separate herself from that word.

Scott didn't die, but he was trapped in the Quantum Realm where time had moved slower than in the real world. However, Scott didn't know that, so when he finally stepped into the real world he was overwhelmed with shock and confusion. The world he came back to after escaping the Quantum Realm had been changed and not for the better. Everything he knew; different. Everyone he knew; different. Even Cassie was different. He had missed five whole years of her life. Not only did he lose her, but she lost him.

He couldn't imagine what Cassie would've gone through. It was only five hours for Scott, but it was five years for Cassie. His stomach twisted at the thought of the pain that his daughter went through. He was stuck in the Quantum Realm, not able to escape, and Maggie vanished. Vanished right in front of her. Both of her parents gone in the blink of an eye.

But he was back now, and he was determined to stay in Cassie's life forever.

Hope's reaction to her return was similar to Scott's. She was overwhelmed and confused and upset about the whole situation. She had missed five years of her life. She hadn't spoken to her friends or family in five years. She hadn't heard Scott's voice in five years. Sure, they saw each other during the battle but that wasn't the most ideal time for a proper reunion.

Hope wouldn't dress up, she hardly did so anyway. Scott knew this, so he wouldn't dress up either. It wasn't like they were doing anything special, anyway - Hope was just going over to Scott's home and they were making pizza. It was Scott's idea, obviously. But it was quaint, sweet, and perfect. The pair didn't need anything special or fancy in the slightest. The only thing they wanted right now was to see each other again, this time properly.

She stood on the front porch and exhaled softly before knocking on the door. She noticed the reflection of the street behind her in the glass panel of the door. The wreckage was insane. The pain that the universe went through was unimaginable. The city was still in the same state as when the snap occurred, Hope could only assume. Maybe it was better. Maybe it was worse. But whatever it was, everyone was back now. It was okay.

It was odd. Scott knew Hope almost more than anyone, but his body filled with nerves and butterflies as they once did when he fell for her. But the nerves didn't stop his heard from skipping a beat when he heard a faint knock on the door. A small smile curled upon his face as he approached the door. He placed his hand on the doorknob, seeing Hope's silhouette in the door's glass panel. As he twisted the handle, he prepared himself to see his girlfriend for the first time in five years.