Chapter 5- The Party, PT. 1

Note: Watch the cover video!! Chloe isn't as bad as everyone thinks! :)

Chloe's POV~

I stood in the middle of my bedroom, admiring the set-up. I was proud- I had actually gone through with inviting everyone, even particularly annoying people... *Cough* Marinette *cough*

I had pillows placed meticulously in a large circle on the plush rug, and a nice little seating chart so that the person sitting next to everyone's right was someone that they could live down knowing their secrets. I obviously had Sabrina to my right, since she wouldn't go blab the question to everyone if I didn't have to say it out loud. I didn't know which would be better; y/n to Nathaniel's right or vice versa. I wasn't sure if they had anything important or juicy to share, but it was obvious that they liked each other. In the end I didn't put them by each other at all- of course they didn't have to sit in their 'assigned seats'- but it would be better that way.

My final circle: Sabrina, Me, Adrien, Nino, Alya, Marinette, Mylene, Alix, Juleka, Rose, Nathaniel, Max, Kim, Ivan, y/n, then of course Sabrina again. That's if everyone comes- I'm sure they will. It wasn't a perfect setup, but I was sure we could make it work. I was crossing my fingers the party went great: I had to show Adrien that I was getting better. I will admit that I used to be more focused on myself, and that I generally assumed Adrien already loved me, but after the whole thing with my butler and him becoming Despair-Bear or whatever, then Daddy being Maledictator... Well, I just hoped Adrien saw that I could be different.

Marinette's POV~
Last time I accepted an invitation to Chloe's party, somebody got akumatized. It was likely to happen again, whether or not I went, so I decided for Paris's benefit that I would go. Just in case anyone needed Ladybug. Aaand maybe because Adrien was going too. Alya decided to go as well.

"Girl, you should talk to y/n. I know I wasn't there when you guys fought, but I can safely guess you overreacted at least a little...?" Alya told me. I rolled my eyes. I did feel guilty about how I blew up on her, but it was so long ago, and she obviously didn't want to be friends anymore.

"I mean, I can try, but that was quite a while ago. What if I get completely humiliated? She's been hanging out with Chloe lately..." I trailed off, thinking of the worst scenarios possible.

"I'll put it this way; you apologize and talk to her about what happened. I 'accidentally' let slip what you said, vague enough that when Adrien 'happens' to hear it, he'll know how brave and humble you are!" Alya was making large theatrical gestures and romanticizing everything she said. Although, it was a good half-plan. Plus I really did need to get this off my chest. I felt a part inside of me, likely the Ladybug part, telling me that this was the right thing to do. I nodded.

"I'll talk to her. But just so you know, this actually doesn't have to do with Adrien. You... You don't have to quote-unquote tell him anything. I want to do this for myself. I should have apologized so long ago, just, with..." I trailed off, not knowing how to put my thoughts into words.

"With how busy you always are, and all of your collective emotions, mostly jealousy over Adrien? And the fact that she threatened that, because she seems like a bigger threat that any of the other thousands of girls in love with Adrien?" Alya raised an eyebrow, biasly summing up my thoughts.

"I wouldn't have put it that way, but..." I huffed a sigh and checked the party invitation again. "Oh, wow! She is going next-level! She invited all of the girls to stay the night... This is kind of fishy, don't you think?" I was extremely skeptical with how ridiculously nice Chloe was being- especially to me!

"Yeah... Well, we might as well investigate, don't you think?" Alya looked up at me. I nodded.

"Sure."

>>Timeskip: at Chloe's party<<

Narrator POV~
Everyone showed up, which mildly surprised Chloe. The party started off similar to the last one she threw for the class, with dancing and refreshments. Chloe sat with Sabrina, you, and Adrien. Nino was the DJ, of course. You were talking about the Paranoia game, brainstorming good questions to ask when the time came. Suddenly, Marinette walked over to the counter where you four were sitting and nervously waved to Adrien. Chloe raised her eyebrow and frowned but didn't say anything. Marinette then turned to you.

"Ummmm, hey. C-can we talk? Like, over there?" She said, then pointed to two empty chairs across the dance floor. You nodded.

Your POV~
I had an idea why Marinette wanted to talk to me, but I was still shocked that she did. We sat down and I nodded again.

"So..." I said.

"Y/n, I'm so so so so sorry for everything thing that happened, for yelling at you, accusing you of, well, liking Adrien, and then not saying anything about it for so long. I hope you can forgive me." Marinette blubbered. My heart stung a bit. Her words from the past had hurt me a lot, and I had grown into a cynical hermit ever since the fight.

"I-I forgive you. I just, Im sorry too, for ignoring you and stuff. It just really hurt to be accused of that, because I truly didnt, and don't, like him." I couldn't control it- my eyes welled up and a few tears fell down my cheeks. I saw Adrien in the distance notice this, and start to get up from his chair.

"I'm so sorry y/n. I was just so controlled by my jealousy, I even almost got akumatized. I'm just surprised and mad at myself for not doing this sooner." She said, as she got up and hugged me. I hugged her back, trying really hard to not cry anymore.

"Hey, you guys okay?" Adrien asked, completely startling both of us.

"Ah!! Adrien, sorry, you scared me!" Marinette stuttered, falling backwards a bit. She flushed red and looked away. She really really liked him, didn't she.

"Oh, sorry. I just noticed y/n looked upset and I was wondering if you guys were okay?"

"Marinette and I were just making up for something that happened over a year ago. We're friends again!" I said. Then my eyes widened a bit. I looked to Mari. "Right?" I asked her.

"Right!" Marinette pulled herself together.

"That's really cool you guys. I knew something had happened, as you guys weren't really close anymore. Marinette, I think you're really sweet for talking things out with y/n." Adrien mentioned. I swear, Mari turned so red, and her face was so happy she could have literally melted. Adrien walked away.

"Good Lord, that boy is so clueless." I said aloud.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Mari asked, still not on Earth.

"Dude! You always do nice things for him, you're a complete mess when you talk to him, when he compliments you your face turns beet red, and you tend to accidentally ramble about how amazing you think he is, and he STILL doesn't know that you practically love him!" I explained. She snapped out of her trance and her eyes widened.

"Wait, does that mean it is obvious that I like him? Or is it not obvious?" She asked worriedly. "I suppose it is obvious, Chloe managed to figure it out." She sighed.

"It is, but he literally has no clue. Boi how blind can you be?!" I exclaimed.

A/N: Ack! Sorry I haven't updated in so long!! School just started and I'm rly busy! I have PT. 2 planned out so it will come soon!