Chapter Seventeen: Punch the Wall

Scott's POV

We walk into the apartment, and he immediately walks into his room and lies down. I walk in behind him and stay by the door.

"Do you wanna sleep and we'll just talk tomorrow?"

"Sure."

After I walk out the door, I make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. As I'm doing so, I hear faint sobs coming from Mitch's room. I walk to the outside of his door, and cracked it open.

"Mitchie? Are you okay?"

He was sitting up on the side of his bed, looking at his wall. He didn't answer me.

"Mitch?"

I then hear his soft voice, trembling.

"Why did you do it? Why hit me and then leave? You acted just like him." 

"I know, Mitch, and you don't understand how much it kills me every time I think about it. I love you so much. You're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, and I've fucked it up. I don't know how I'm gonna make it up, and I don't know if I can ever be able to make up the horrible thing I did."

I walk out of the room, and I pace. I hate myself. I HATE myself! I feel pain in my fist. Mitch rushes out of his room, catching me as I fall to the ground, holding my fist in my hands.

"Holy shit, Scott!" He stands me up and walks me into his room. He sits me down on his bed, goes to the kitchen, and comes back with a wet wash rag.

"Mitchie," I say crying, "I am so sorry. For everything. Will you please forgive me? I'll do anything. We won't get married right away. We'll continue Sup3rfruit. We'll keep going to PTX practices. Everything will go back to normal."

He wraps the wash rag around my hand. I wince, and the sides of his lips slightly pull up.

"Why did you punch the wall? You know that the wall always wins, Scotland."

I look up and him, and he crashes his lips into mine. I have him back, and that's all that matters.