chapter fourteen ⋆ the whispering statues

━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍!❪ the whispering statues ❫

❪ the whispering statues ❫

━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍!❪ the whispering statues ❫

⋆        𝗩𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗧 her best friend, was a part of her life for a long time

⋆        𝗩𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗧 her best friend, was a part of her life for a long time. She didn't think she would watch Eleanor die, their hopes of growing old together thrown out. When Eleanor's eyes started to close, Vanya knew she had lost her. Her hands started to shake as she rested Eleanor gently on the patio, her blood seeming out of her stomach. Ivan didn't know what to do; Eleanor was one of his new━found friend, and he trusted her, but he knew that Sedona would have never lived. Eleanor died a hero.

On the other hand, Sedona was shaking, and both Abby and William attempted to comfort her, holding their warm hands against her shivering body. She couldn't speak out of shock; her voice was suddenly lost, trapped in the pits of her stomach.

"What should we do━" Abby whispered, but Vanya shook her head, making Abby pause. She stood up slowly from the ground, scrapping her knees slightly on the concrete.

"It's best to leave. Let's move away from here so we can recover. We need to catch our breath and time to come down," Vanya said softly. Ivan looked over at her, wondering what her thoughts were. The group followed Vanya, afraid to challenge her thoughts, knowing that she would never leave if she stayed to mourn over Eleanor.

William wasn't sure where they were, but he knew that Vanya would take them somewhere safe. He craved a moment of uncertainty because, with the amount of running, his leg was begging for rest. Ivan, on the other hand, was battling with himself. He knew that there were many things that he should have done, the constant regrets biting him. He should have given his challenge to Sedona so that he could face death instead of her.