He came up by a dinner and someone caught his attention in. He turned his head around to see Lena in there with a guy across from her who looked a few years older than her and was scary big looking. A blonde girl was next to him with a toddler on her lap and kid around three or four was on Lena lap.

Lena didn't look her usual happy self; she actually looked sad as she helped feed the child on his lap. Darien noticed the loneliness in her eyes and it was a hard time looking away and leaving, but he stepped back from the diner, stuffed his hands in his pocket, and walked away.

*

When Lena walked passed Darien locker and didn't see him, she was kind of happy. She didn't want to feel the awkwardness if he caught her looking at him. She made her way over to her locker and put the combo in.

She took her jacket off and fixed her blue button shirt up. Her jeans were a dark shade of blue with some heelless brown color boots.

She unpacked all her stuff and was kind of upset since she couldn't think of doing any homework, but pushed herself to finish it. She couldn't even think of soccer as much as she did before. She cursed Darien for making her forget the most important things in her life. She's been playing soccer since she was thirteen and now that he shows up, it's the last thing she cares about.

She frowned when he still shows up to his locker by the time Lena was all ready to go to class.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned her head around to see Becca. Becca walked to in front of Lena and she leaned on the locker next to Lena's. "Hey, you didn't text me back all weekend.” she said.

"Sorry, busy.” she said.

"Oh. Busy with a certain handsome laid back new boy?” she asked, smiling but Lena saw the jealousy in her eyes.

"No, babysitting.” Lena said and it was true. She had to babysit Tyler and her nephews Nikki and Zac.

"Oh.", she said and the jealousy was gone. "Well are you still going to ask him out or something? I know you haven't had a boyfriend yet, but you’re confident enough to ask someone out.”

I have and each time ended either bad or awkward, she thought. "I'm having a little trouble with him but-"

"Trouble?” she questioned. "Want me to talk to him and get him to understand how much of a great girl you are?” she asked and Lena knew she only wanted to do that so she could have an excuse to be around Darien.

Lena pursed her lips, wanting to glare at the girl. That's another thing Darien ruin, her friendship with Becca. Lena could easily tell she likes Darien a whole lot, but Darien belongs to her. "I'm good.” she said, walking around her to go to class and she took one more look at Darien locker to see he still wasn't there.

*

By time third period came and Darien didn't show up for class, Lena was wondering where he was. Is he sick or just didn't feel like coming? It was making it hard for her to focus on class. She was trying to take some notes for homework tonight, but it was hard when she wasn't looking at the seat next to her.