chapter one

'whenever I see someone less fortunate than I and let's face it who isn't less fortunate than I? My tender heart tends to start to bleed. and whenever I see someone who needs a makeover I simply must take over' my alarm sang tell me I had to wake up. Today was the first day back to hell...dang audio correct,school.

"MACKENZIE ZIEGLER YOU BETTER BE AWAKE." screamed mom

"IM AWAKE GOD,MOTHER."

going back to school means less time doing the only thing that keeps me from trying to kill myself,dance.

I've never been poplar or had any friends. but dance it doesn't matter,dance don't wanna hear some sob story dance you have to prove yourself and I have. I walked over to my dresser and put my teal 'okay? okay.' shirt over my head I then put my ombré white shorts on. I quickly waterfall braided my hair and put my daisy flower crown on I grabbed my white debs and put a little makeup on.

I looked in the mirror for once happy with the girl who looked back at me.

"you look cute mackenzie!" mom said a cheesy smile on her face.

"thanks whatever let's go."

"but you haven't eaten breakfast."

"I don't have time."

I was starting to stress out...

we pulled up to school and my stressed higher,suddenly my outfit looked like hell and my hair and makeup looked like it had been done by a two year old.

"stop worrying you look fine." mom smiled.

as mom pulled away as I took my headphones out of my backpack and put them In drowning out the sounds of people around me,I knew if I did it while mom was still at school she would of told me to be 'social' go hangout with my 'friends'...which last time I checked they were all in Los Angeles at the biggest dance school in the world that mom refused to let me go...I guess your could say mom didn't want to loss her other daughter now that my older sister Madison lived in New York on broadway shows and went to a fancy privet school.

I guess I got lost in my thoughts as I heard the bell ring.

I quickly went to my locker and somehow got my locker open my first try. I grabbed my stuff for history and slowly closed my locker,on the first day you could probably tell the teacher 'sorry I got lost' and come in the middle of class for all they cared.

I looked around at the kids as I walked to history.

I watched as swarms of boys all wearing under armor everything stood at locker obviously the poplar boys,I then looked at the girls with ten pounds of makeup on and super slutty clothing on that somehow must of been the poplar girls. I finally found myself at room 109; the history room. I watched as more of the boys wearing nothing but under amor swarmed into the class. I pulled out looking for Alaska aka the newest book I've been reading,next to dance reading is my favorite thing to do.

"welcome to sixth grade!" mrs.maria aka the history teacher said.

mumbles of hello came from people,no one seemed too happy to be back.

"we will be doing a questionnaire with a partner to get to know each other."

I zoned out as she called named till next thing I knew a boy that I had seen in the hall was standing next to me.

"you really like reading don't you." he laughed

"yeah."

"I'm Alex."

"mackenzie."

"I'm gonna call you Mack!"

"why?" I laughed.

"cause it's a good nickname!"

"whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"so what's your favorite book little miss bookworm."

"the fault in our stars."

"basic." he coughed

"how?!" i said stunned.

"every girl reads it and cries!"

I grabbed the book and threw it at him.

"read it."

"ok but if your making me read this peace of crap when I finish you have to watch the movie with me."

"deal." I smiled

"hey what your kik?" he asked

"kenzdancer11."

"your a dancer?" he smiled

"yeah why?"

"I think that's cute."