She laid across the foot of my bed as I laid against my headboard examining her. It's surprising sometimes how I didn't look nothing like her.

She has sandy brown 3B type hair that barely passed her shoulder, a tan skin tone, blemish-free face and a 'coke bottle' figure making her look 20 instead of 35.

I got all my features from my daddy, unlike Symere.

"I missed you, how was Trinidad?" She asked in her thick accent. Both my parents are Trini natives.

"Boring like always. Ian' gone wake Sy up when we boarding next time, he complained the whole damn flight."

She chuckled. "Poor baby, you want to go get our nails done tomorrow? I don't have to be back in the office until 4."

I nodded in response. "Great. Goodnight my love, I'm beyond exhausted." She got up and kissed my forehead.

"Oh, and I also picked up your medication. I got a stronger prescription since you said your social anxiety's been getting worse." She added before exiting.

See I don't hate my mom, but after Dad died, she spent less time with us and more with work. I get that that was her way of grieving and all, but she ain't have to push us away like she did. I only got through it thanks to Symere.

I unlocked my phone and went back the group chat to see them welcoming back the number that I'm guessing is Bando's.

I never met Bando since I only started hanging out with them niggas after he got locked up last year. They'd always brung him up, especially Freaky since that's his best friend. Whatever he did gave him 4 years, but he was released early on bail.

My door creaked open with Symere head popping out. "Tryna' match at the spot?" He asked showcasing 4 perfectly rolled blunts in his hand.

I started cheesing hard as hell, and agreed so he closed my door. I basically flew off my bed putting on a basic white two-piece bathing suit and throwing back the black oversized Nike shirt I stole from Rocco on.

Symere was sitting down on edge of our pool with his legs in the water. He had already started by lighting up blunt #1 between his lips. I sat down next to him, and he passed me blunt #2 along with the lighter to spark for myself.

This was something we together since our dad passed. We would swim, smoke and talk about whatever shit we had to tell. It started off 3 nights a week since we had so much going on around that time, but it slowly turned into once a week as the pain lessened.

"So, you gon' tell me what's going on with you and Woods?" I frowned at his question. He knew I had a crush on Hollywood for a minute, but I just never acted on it because I'm waaaay too pussy for allat'.

He treats me like how everybody in the gang did: like a baby sister, including Winter.

All because I'm the youngest in the group, smh.

Freaky, Demon, Fazo & Hollywood all graduated this year, while Winnie, Serg & Rocco are graduating this school year coming up.

My young ass on the other hand is only about a junior.

"Shut up Fazo. You know Ian' bout that." I mumbled the last part.

"Shy ass. Ian' raise you be scary like this!" He did actually. Nigga dead ass walked me to all my classes and threatened every nigga that even looked at me my whole freshman year.

I felt bad for being the reason that multiple niggas ended up in the hospital, so I just ignored people. Not like I was tryna talk to them anyway, and same for them. Sophomore year wasn't no better because I started hanging out with the guys. He basically had 3 other niggas doing his job for him.

"Yea ight', how's D'Lani?" That was his on and off girlfriend. Off whenever he cheated.

He froze as soon as her name rolled off my tongue.

He cleared his throat before he spoke. "Um... She good."

I returned a confused look, but I was too high to read into it. I just nodded, and got up to get the bag of Takis I got some days ago from the pantry inside. Symere continued to swim around.

When I got back outside, he was only a couple feet away from the door. He was rubbing his hands together, something he did when he was nervous, and had this look on his face like he was telling his parents that he peed on himself.

"What is it Symere?" I asked as I stoop in the doorway.

"D'Lani... She's pregnant."

My face instantly scrunched up, and my high was completely gone. D'Lani wasn't bad, but she acted like Hilary from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I told him I ain't want him with no female that still watched Elmo.

Really, every female that claimed my brother was a dumb ass. Shit he tells me who he cheating on you with.

The hell am I supposed to respond to this?

Congrats??

It got a little awkward after a minute of just staring at each other.

"How many months?"

"Six."

THE HELL HE JUST SAY?

I squinted my eyes at him. "Excuse me? So how long have you known?"

He didn't answer right away. We made eye contact before he passed his hand over his waves and loudly sighed like he knew I was gonna react bad.

"Since she was two mon-" I didn't even bother to let him finish before I chucked the bag at his head. Of course he dodged it because I had a history of throwing whatever was in my hand.

He really got me fucked up.

"HOW THE HELL COULD YOU GO FOUR MONTHS WITHOUT TELLING ME?" I shouted, prolly woke the whole neighborhood up.

"Ion claim you no mo'. Went from the realist on my team, to the fakest." I continued.

Tears started falling quickly before I even realized it. I hurt so easily, ugh.

"Teanna don't be like that man." I walked off to my room before I could shoved the bag down his throat.
____________________

This chapter was only used to give a lil background on our main character.

[ vote $ comment ]

- kaaydaah 🔌