[Book 1 - SUPERSTITIONS] Chapter 1

• 点播给 Adia Hey

Chapter 1 ~ Non-Believer

Never believed in ghosts. Ever. That's just my opinion. They can't be real, 'ooooh spirits are among us'. That's just fake. It's for...things like halloween and people who are gullible enough to feed into it. For example, my best friend Raven.Raven has this motto thing, "May DEUS incubo qui sumo ineo." That's latin for, "May GOD watch over those who choose to enter." She even has the saying on her laptop.She's tried a million times to get me to "believe" but the only spiritual thing I believe in is God and the rest of the catholic faith.

Sunday is Halloween so I'm going to get ready for the holiday with Raven.

"Nothing compares to, a quiet evening alone. Just the one-" My phone began to ring and I answered it.

"Hey." She said, "Gen. I'm on my way now, we're going to get lunch at the mall right?"

"Yes Raven." I laughed, "See you, bye." I hung up the phone and went to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and got dressed. I walked down the hall to my brother's room. My puppy, Cici, followed me in.

"Knock, knock. I'm coming in." I said walking into his room and sitting on his bed. Ethan got out of bed and hugged me, "Mornin' brat."

I rolled my eyes and went through his drawers looking for a nice shirt to wear. I ended up picking a Hollister shirt and threw it at him, "Clean yes?"

"Yeah...I think so." He responded.

I made a face implying I was disgusted and went downstairs. I found Raven on my couch, watching tv. "Aye, the chick finally came downstairs." She said.

"Ethan's changing now." I said.

"Oooh." Raven laughed and smiled. She's hasd a crush on him for two years now and truth be told he likes her back, but she's like my sister and I think it would be wierd for my 'sister' and my brother to hook up. _____________________________________________________________________

As I walked into the mall I smelled the nice, cool, fresh breeze that smelled like new clothes, my favorite. Mixed in with smoke, the fake perfume bargain sellers, and me. Raven and I walked into Party City to get some costumes before Saw started. Wandering around looking for the perfect costume, I couldn't seem to find. I turned around to talk to Raven but she suddenly wasn't there. I thought about doing the secret call that Raven and I made up if we ever needed each other, it was a call of distress, but my body took over and didn't do what I told it to. I continued to look throughout the store hoping that Raven would show up eventually but then a quick gust of wind came past me. I turned around quickly, hoping it was Raven. Another breeze came past me then. Frightened, I started to walk towards the other section in the store. I heard footsteps following me.

"Ha! Got you Raven!" I said. I looked under the rack of costumes seeing her shoes.

"Raven," I said as I walked toward her shoes, "you can stop hiding now, I know-"

But then I stopped mid sentence because it wasn't Raven. It was a teenage boy. Embarassed by my mistake, I blushed, but frightened to know he was following me; and the fact that Raven still hasn't shown up worried me even more.