a union unforgettable

Lovesexy Era
Outside, in the freezing cold of a Canadian winter, piles of ivory white snow replaced the sweltering summer's mossy emerald hillsides, gracing the nearly bare limbs of pine trees that overlooked the deep woods while blanketing the vast mountains that served as a barrier protecting the sacred world of wilderness as well as preventing the outside world of industry and routine from accessing it. This was the perfect place secluded enough to build a home entirely made from log, giving the exterior of the house a welcoming aura as it stood in the middle of wilderness. Inside this home, made warm by a stone fireplace, the walls of cedar were decorated with string lights while the floor was adorned with red rose petals that made a trail towards the stairs that lead up to a now empty bedroom made a mess by two seemingly inseparable souls, Prince and his lovely Vivianne. They were now in the kitchen conversing over what seemed like virtually nothing for a few moments at a time as the sounds of Miles Davis' trumpet quietly resonated through the home while they chatted. Vivianne was washing the dishes while Prince sat at the dining table, looking at her with admiring eyes as she scrubbed and rinsed every dish in the pile.

"Vivianne Nelson." His burning gaze flickered up from the ring he fiddled with between his fingers to the mahogany woman behind the kitchen island, scrubbing away fiercely at the plate in front of her. A soft smile crept upon his face as he watched her.

He's been thinking of this day for quite some time. From the first time he had saw her walking home from dance class up until the first time she kissed him. Every gentle touch. Every long walk. The midnight meet ups and the late night conversations they've had together. Every dance performance he went to. Every time he held her close or gave her a ride home from dance class. Every moment they have spent with each other from the time they awoke to the moment they laid down to sleep. Everything was leading up to this moment in time. Everything lead up to him asking her to be his forever love.

"What?" She asked, still focusing on the current task in front of her. Putting the ring back in his pocket, Prince stood from his seat at the dining table and made his way into the kitchen, studying her from behind while leaning against the fridge.

"Vivianne Nelson." He repeats, walking up to her. He places a soft kiss on the blade of her shoulder before snaking an arm around her hips "It has a nice ring to it doesn't it? Vivianne Nelson?" She turns to face his loving eyes, a questioning look in hers as Prince gave her lips a gentle peck. Thinking that he was either crazy or just talking for the sake of filling the air, Vivianne giggled, turning away from him to put her focus back on the dishes in the sink.

"It's got a lovely little ring to it. But, you know, with our situation, Vivianne Nelson is only a fantasy."  She says.

"She isn't to me." Prince took one arm from around the woman's hips, grabbing her waist while a free hand took hold of her forearm that was wet from reaching into the soapy water in the sink, turning her around to face him as he bent his knee before her. Large, mocha eyes stare in disbelief of what Prince was doing, butterflies fluttering wildly in her stomach while a small bit of panicking anxiety grew within her too.

"What are you doing?" Vivianne whispers, still in awe of what her lover was in process of doing.

"Vivianne Nelson doesn't have to be a fantasy—in fact, I don't want her to be one. I want her to be real."

"Prince, I—" Before she could say anything further, a small velvet box appeared in the palm of his hand before her, a gasp leaving her mouth in shock as the smile on his face grew wide in amusement.

"Vivianne René Bright. Will you do me the honor of being Vivianne Nelson and marry me?" The top of this little box was opened up to reveal a vintage ring encrusted with diamonds as an emerald, her birthstone, centered in the design of a flower with petals of diamonds surrounding such a center. She was waiting for this moment for what felt like centuries. This was finally happening to her and she couldn't have wanted any other man to propose. Excitement blew over as she quickly brought her left hand to him. He carefully put the ring on her finger, then bringing her hand to his lips to place a gentle kiss on the back of her hand. Small sounds of joy escaped them as they basked in the happiness of this beautiful moment, Vivianne helping Prince to his feet, now standing in front of her with a big, doting smile spreading across his face.