Part 6: Calvados..?

Start bij het begin

I was proud of myself, to be all honest.

And the important thing was that the festival would continue!

"I heard this was your idea," I sensed Seonghwa from the back, so I stopped the talk I had going on with Gahyeon and turned around. The latter bowed her head down to him and walked away without saying anything.

I sighed "You could wait before I would finish the talk with Gahyeon."

He furrowed his eyebrows in concern, searching for Gahyeon with his eyes "I'm sorry, I thought she was your maid?"

I touched the inner side of my cheek with my tongue, letting out a scoff "And that makes you think that you can intervene in our conversation?"

He touched his neck, looking very much worried "Well I- I apologise, I didn't mean to offend you in any way."

I looked into his eyes and knew that he did not have any bad intentions. He was just raised this way, maids not being proper human beings to them.

I sighed out once again and nodded my head "Yes, this was my idea. Do you like it?" I asked as I took a look at the inside of the tent. People were chatting with each other, drinking alcohol, tasting food and fruit. Everything was back to its place.

Seonghwa nodded his head "Yes. It was a great idea. I was pretty sad that the festival would not continue, but you made it happen and made so many people happy. Including me." He said with a smile;

I just nodded my head along with a smile, looking around, trying to fix my gaze toward the wet umbrellas that were arranged in the corner of the tent.

I'm usually not this awkward, I swear. I just never really went along with boys, and their compliments always stayed dry and corny for me.

"Do you want to dance?" He asked out of a sudden, taking me aback. I glanced at his hand straightened in front of his chest, waiting for me to take it.

"I'm not sure," I said honestly, looking around a bit. Then I caught my dad's eyes. He was glancing at us from the corner of the room, looking at my every action. As I sigh, I glance back at Seonghwa once again, taking his hand. "Well, alright. I might warn you though that it's been a while since I last attended my dance lessons... so be careful of your feet."

Seonghwa chuckled at the remark, taking my hand rather softly and leading me to the dance area where a few more couple of people were already dancing.

We stood in our positions, his fingers tightening on my ribs. The slow music was growing on me and my body in an instant, the soulful sounds of violin roaring down my spine.

His left foot came forward out of a sudden without any warning, surprising me as I chase him back with mine. I looked up at his face which had an ironic smile before I scoffed.

He was challenging me, huh?

I slid my right foot forward, chasing his retreating leg with mine as I moved my left one in a smooth motion, sliding across the floor.

It is right that I haven't been to my dance lessons for a while now, but it's not like I totally forgot how to.

Seonghwa laughed quietly as we stopped, toe to toe, and he pulled my hips close to his, making me gasp out. "Are you challenging me right now?"