chapter 7 - Angel

En başından başla

"Uh, yeah," Xander told her. "It's early. We could, um, dance."

"Rain check?" Buffy asked. "Good night."

Buffy walked away, leaving.

Xander let out a breath.

Willow held her shoe up to us. "Want a free drink?"

Neither of us took the offer.

~

After Buffy had left the Bronze, she had been attacked by three vampires. Angel had saved her. They had gone to her house for safety, sleeping in her room.

The next day, at school, in the library, that was where she had explained everything.

"He spent the night?" Xander asked. "In your room? In your bed?"

"Not in my bed, by my bed," Buffy corrected.

"That is so romantic," Willow told her.

"Did he try a move on you?" I asked.

Buffy smiled, shaking her head. "Perfect gentleman."

Buffy, Willow and I exchanged smiled.

The girls exchange smiles.

"Buffy, come on, wake up and smell the seduction," Xander told her. "It's the oldest trick in the book."

"What?" Buffy asked. "Saving my life? Getting slashed in the ribs?"

"Duh!" Xander told her. "I mean, guys'll do anything to impress a girl. I--I once drank an entire gallon of Gatorade without taking a breath."

Xander grinned.

I smiled, nodding. "It was pretty impressive."

Willow made a face. "Although later there was an ick factor."

Giles walked up to the table. "Can we steer this riveting conversation back to the events that happened earlier in the evening?" Buffy sat down. "You left the Bronze and were set upon by three unusually virile vampires." Giles put a book on the table in front of Buffy. "Did they look like this?"

"Yeah," Buffy answered. "What's with the uniforms?"

"It seems you encountered the Three," Giles told her. "Warrior vampires, very proud and very strong."

I looked at Giles. "How is it you always know this stuff? You always know what's going on. I never know what's going on."

"Well, you weren't here from midnight until six researching it," Giles told me.

"No, I was sleeping, like any sane person," I told him.

Giles ignored me, looking at Buffy. "Uh, obviously you're hurting the Master very much. He wouldn't send the Three for just anyone. We must step up our training with weapons."

"Buffy, you should stay at my house until these Samurai guys are history," Xander told her.

Buffy turned to him. "What?"

"Ah-ah-ah, don't worry about Angel, Zoey can run to your house and tell him to get out of town fast," Xander told her. "And with as scary as Zo can be sometimes, he'll listen." I hit him on the back of the head. "See?"

"Angel and Buffy are not in any immediate jeopardy," Giles told us. "Eventually the Master will send someone else, but in the mean time the Three, having failed, will offer their own lives in penance."

~

Last night, Buffy and Angel had kissed and Buffy had found out one little disturbing detail about Angel.