Our Little Crush

I kicked the green generator. "Dang it, work!!!" I shouted. Ellis grabbed a wrench. "Maybeh ah' can help," he suggested. I sighed. "Yeah, why not?" I replied. Ellis walked over, and inspected the generator. "Hmmm..." he muttered. I pulled my iPod out of my right pocket, and put in my ear-buds. I switched the song to "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.

Ellis took part of the generator off, and saw the engine and gas tank. The tank read "Empty," and a red light was beeping. "Oh!" Ellis exclaimed. I tapped my foot.

Nick walked into the garage, and smiled at me. "Hey, sweetheart," he said. "Hi, Nick," I said, rather loud. Nick took my right ear-plug out, put it in his right ear, and smiled. "Country, huh?" he asked. I nodded.

He put his forehead to mine, and smiled. I smiled back. Then, I started singing to him.

"Romeo, take me,

Somewhere we can be alone,

I'll be waiting,

All there's left to do is run,

You'll be the prince,

And I'll be the princess,

It's a love story,

Baby, just say 'yes.'"

Nick blushed lightly. "Yes," he whispered. I smiled, and let my eyes go half-way open. Nick did the same. Ellis was pouring gas into the generator when he saw what Nick and I were doing, and he smirked. "Well, ah' didn't know y'all were in love!" he blurted out. I sighed. "Yeah," I whispered. Nick blushed. Ellis poured the final drop of gas into the tank, and closed the lid. Nick lifted his head, and kissed my forehead. I smiled, as Nick walked off.