Chapter 56: The Truth Revealed

Start from the beginning

Amber: so...those thing are definitely gonna come to life, right?

(Y/n): I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

As expected, the stone statues began walking towards us.

Amber: called it.

I drew my sword and Amber created her warhammer. We ran towards the stone guardians and struck, but our weapons didn't do anything. Everytime we hit them they just seemed to bounce right off.

(Y/n): these guys are tougher than they look.

Amber: I got an idea, you need to get out of the temple first.

I exited the temple and Amber charge up her magic. The air grew cold to the point where I could see my breath.

Amber: GODSLAYER SECRET ART! FROZEN PHOENIX!

A massive phoenix made of ice appear and flew towards the guardians.

It flew around the walking statues, surrounding them in an icy mist before disappearing

It flew around the walking statues, surrounding them in an icy mist before disappearing. The mist faded, revealing both guardians frozen solid. Amber walked over to one of them and lightly tapped it with her hammer. It shattered into a million pieces. She walked over and did the same thing with the other one.

(Y/n): not bad, sis.

She smiled at me and we continued making our way through the temple.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Lyric acting as a bridge for everyone to cross over a pit full of snakes

We walking out of the trap filled hallway as Stella was pulling dozens of poison darts out of Lyric's body.

Lyric: I said it once, and I'll say it again. Thank God for immortality.

We all took a moment to breath.

Amber: running from that giant boulder has to be the worst thing I've ever done.

(Y/n): seriously, who puts a room full of hornets in an ancient temple.

Stella: that wasn't such a problem.

Lyric: easy for you to say, you didn't get turned into a human pin cushion. How did the traps not activated for you.

Stella just shrugged her shoulders.

Stella: just luck I guess.

Lyric's head perked up and he looked to the middle of the room.

Lyric: guys, look.

We all followed his gaze and saw it, a necklace with a beautiful gemstone on it.