Alarm Clock Songs

Ben wasn't at dinner.

Or maybe he was and Rey just arrived late enough that he had already left. Either way, she didn't care. It made her life easier if only for an hour or so.

She assumed he probably was off at the cabin drinking some sort of pre-made kale smoothie.

Rey tried not to think of how exactly she would be spending the rest of the evening (in a frenzied panic is the answer) as she made her way to the showers, bag, and mattress still in tow. She started digging around in her duffel trying to fish out her toiletries and flip flops because... efficiency. In reality, it was just about the least efficient thing she could do, but she needed to focus on something else while she made the trudge to the communal bathrooms.

That's probably why she didn't notice Ben walking in the opposite direction until he was practically on top of her, the scent of whatever product he put in his hair making it very hard to walk straight.

It was like freshly baked bread or apple pie. Ben didn't smell like those things obviously— his scent was spicier with a sweet undertone, like black chamomile or something of the sort— but it gave her the same feeling. Some sort of homey, fuzzy feeling. Like she just wanted to burrow into his chest and stay there breathing him in until she died.

These were the kinds of thoughts you said you weren't going to have Rey.

He walked past her, the only acknowledgment she received being a curt nod. One that made his wet hair bounce and fall into his face.

And there went her life force leaving her body.

Fuck, this has to stop.

Rey envisioned Edna Mode slapping her across and telling her to 'pull herself together' as she entered the bathrooms.

There it was, that smell again. And because we've already established the universe hates her the only shower opened was the one clearly used by the one and only Ben Solo.

This only made room for disastrous thoughts Rey thought as she started stripping down in the shower stall.

Thoughts of a naked Ben Solo.

Or even worse, thoughts of a naked, wet Ben Solo.

It was the smell of his shampoo or something, Rey reasoned. It assaulted her further as she stepped under the hot stream of water.

Yes, it was definitely the smell that was making her brain come up with things. None of which were the image of him fucking her in the shower. No. None of them were that because she made strict guidelines as to what she could and couldn't think of and that was one of those 'super duper don't think about' things.

God, what was she going to do?

She wondered if Ben knew that she was bunking with him or if she would have to knock on his door and explain the whole situation.

Surely, surely Temmin told him. Granted, Tem wasn't the best at remembering to inform people about stuff. But surely.

Yep. He hadn't told him.

So there Rey was, standing in the doorway, struck speechless by his lack of a damn shirt and trying to figure out how to tell him about their situation.

"Do you have a cowl or something you can put on?"

"What's a cowl honestly going to do Rey?" He stepped closer closing the door behind him and making the space on the tiny cabin porch even smaller.

He had a point, the man was massive. It wasn't like Rey hadn't noticed, she was trying hard not to notice.

"I had hoped Temmin had told you."