nineteen | real life

"I don't think I've ever been this nervous," Tom whispered. You were fixing his tie and trying, unsuccessfully, to calm his nerves. 

"Everything's going to be fine," you promised. You were wearing your bridesmaid dress, and you loved it. It was simple, yet elegant, and it made you feel beautiful. Tom looked back at you. 

"You look great," he said. You blushed. 

"Hallie has good taste in dresses." Tom took a deep breath. 

"Have you see her yet?" You had. Ever since Tom and Hallie had become engaged, you and Hallie had grown somewhat closer. She had asked you for advice on countless things, and even if you had no idea how to help, you always tried your best. Before helping Tom, you had helped Hallie with her wedding dress, and you had to admit, she looked stunning. It hugged her in all the right places, and sparkled in the light; it made her look like a princess. 

"She looks beautiful," you said. "And you look good too." Tom smiled nervously and took a deep breath, looking back at himself in the mirror. 

"I'm getting married," he whispered. "I'm getting married." You smiled at his reflection. 

"And Hallie's a very lucky girl." 

~~~ 

You held your bouquet of flowers tightly, watching as the wedding unfolded before you. Tom and Hallie were focused on each other, their smiles seemingly frozen on their faces. When it came time for the vows, they each pulled out cards that had what they wanted to say written on them. Hallie went first, though you barely registered what she was saying. When she finished, Tom gave her a smile and look down at his own card. 

"Hallie, when I first laid eyes on you, my heart skipped a beat. I lost my ability to speak, and stood there stuttering like an idiot, and when you laughed, I felt like I was on cloud nine. I couldn't keep my eyes off of you, and the very thought of you made my heart burst with love. 

"And now, here with you, proclaiming my love for you in front of all these people, my heart bursts with love again. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you more than words can describe, and I know that nothing can ever make me stop loving you." You saw Tom wipe quickly at his eyes, and the crowd cooed at his vows. He smiled at Hallie as the pastor continued. 

"Tom Holland, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedding wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" Tom's smile grew larger. 

"I do." 

"And do you, Hallie Clemson, take this man to be your lawfully wedding husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" 

"I do." 

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." 

The crowd started cheering when Tom and Hallie kissed, and you clapped, happy for Tom. When they broke the kiss, they turned to face the crowd, holding hands and beaming. They walked down the aisle as people clapped and cheered for them. As they left the room, Tom looked over his shoulder and caught your eye, smiling. 

You did your best to return it. 

~~~ 

"Hey, Y/N," Tom said. He came up and sat beside you as Hallie had her father-daughter dance at the reception of the wedding. 

"Hey." You smiled at him. "So. You're a married man now." He grinned and looked down at his ring before looking over at Hallie. 

"Yeah, I guess I am." 

"How exciting." Tom laughed. 

"You know, I wouldn't be here without you. You helped me get over my nerves from asking Hallie out to asking her to marry me." 

"Well, you are the one that still asked her out." Tom smiled. 

"I suppose." The song ended, and Hallie's father hugged her tightly. You gave Tom a light pat on the shoulder. 

"Go get your girl." Tom took a deep breath and stood up. 

"Thank you, Y/N." 

"What for?" 

"For everything." You watched at Tom went to the middle of the room toward Hallie, holding out his hand for her. She gave her father one last hug before taking Tom's hand. You watched them as the song changed to a slow dance, and Hallie placed her head on Tom's shoulder. 

As you watched, you felt a sudden burst of joy for him.