Throttle gave him a thoughtful look. "I really appreciate what you've done for me, but I don't know where he is. He came to Spate with me, but I haven't heard from him since we split."

"I know," Axos said. "But I think that once your legs get stronger, you can reach out to him. Perhaps call him to come pick you up."

She stared at her legs, then back up at Axos, and gave a small nod. "Yeah, I could do that."

He smiled. "I think we've made good progress. How would you like to have full use of your legs tonight?"

She beamed. "I'd like that."

"Enjoy the evening." Axos stood to leave.

"Can I get my clothes back?" Throttle asked, then added, "If it's not too much to ask, I mean. I feel a bit naked in these hospital gowns."

"I had those rags burned." He looked her up and down. "I imagine you're about Qelle's size. She'll bring you something to wear."

Qelle nodded from where she stood in the corner.

"Thank you," Throttle said, but Qelle made no comment.

Axos left with Qelle trailing behind him.

Throttle plopped down on the bed and ran her hands down her legs, savoring every sensation. Every few minutes, she'd stand, walk a few steps, and then rest again.

Some time later, Qelle arrived with dinner.

"Hello, Qelle," Throttle said with a welcoming tone. She'd learned to treat the mouse gently, and Qelle had let down her guard. Throttle, on the other hand, knew to never let her guard down around the other woman. Axos had picked a woman with a naturally subservient personality, and he terrified Qelle. Throttle had no doubt Qelle went to her master each night after visiting Throttle to tell him everything.

"You doing okay?" Throttle asked.

"I'm fine. And you?" came Qelle's auto-response.

Throttle didn't answer, and Qelle didn't seem to expect her to. The woman set the tray down at the foot of the bed, lifted the bag she'd carried over her shoulder, and pulled out a bunch of iridescent blue material. "You're a little smaller than me. I think this dress will fit you."

Throttle cringed inwardly as she reached out and took the dress. "Thanks, I love it."

"How about you try it on? If it doesn't fit, I can find something else."

Throttle turned her back to Qelle, slipped off the hospital gown she wore, and slipped the gown over her head. She tugged up the low neckline. She felt even barer in this than she had in the hospital gown. She remembered that her legs worked, and she stood to finish dressing. The slinky gown slid down to her ankles, and she took a moment to savor the sensation of delicate fabric brushing against her skin.

Qelle seemed disappointed. "It's a bit loose and a bit long, but it's the smallest I had."

"It's perfect," Throttle said, reaching out and clasping Qelle's hand. "Thank you."

Qelle beamed, and then she looked down. "I'm afraid I had no undergarments or shoes that would fit you."

"It's okay. This is better than before."

"You look nice. I could do your hair sometime if you'd like."

"I'll think about." Throttle tried not to roll her eyes. What's next? Have pedicures together?

"Oh, I have your dinner," Qelle said, turning her attention back to the tray.

"Is it okay if you leave it?" Throttle asked. "I'm hungry, but it's just that I'm so excited to have time with my legs, I don't know if I could keep food down right now."