3:00 in the bloody morning

Ben awoke to the sound of yelling outside his dorm room. At 3 O'clock in the bloody morning of all times - he needed his beauty sleep! He buried his head in his pillow, trying desperately to drown out the noise coming from outside. Either he gave up on sleeping, his curiosity got the better of him or a little bit of both, but he ended up listening in to the conversation. He really was a bit of a nosy sod.

"What the FUCK do you think you're doing Rami?" a British voice shouted. "Fucking leaving Joe like that so you could go talk to some girl?"

"Joe was fine!! It's not like he was on his own or anything he had you there!" another man yelled back.

"Jesus Rami how dense are you?? It's not about that, what happened to us all sticking together? And now you're ditching us for some dumb blonde?"

"She's NOT-"

"GUYS!"

Even in his groggy, half-asleep state Ben would recognise the voice of the man he'd met earlier that night. He got up to peer out his window, cracking it open only slightly as to not wake his roommate.

As he looked out he saw Joe along with two other men, one short, one tall, but both looking  absolutely furious. Joe was standing in the middle of both of them, holding his arms out just like Chris Pratt calming down the velociraptors. The ginger beauty spoke quieter this time, and Ben's lips fluttered into a smile at just how gentle the boy was.

"It's not important, okay? I'm fine, you're both fine and Rami got to get a pretty girl's number so honestly? Win-win. We're gonna end up in relationships at some point, doesn't make us any less meaningful to each other. Who knows, I may finally get a boyfriend. Now calm the fuck down and let's PLEASE go to bed."

The two boys accompanying Joe finally nodded, quietly apologising to one another as they walked away. Ben closed the window and crept back into bed, not quite being able to get the sound of Joe saying 'boyfriend' out of his head. He drifted off quickly, dreaming vague dreams of auburn hair and the scent of cheap whiskey.

—————

Joe stirred as light streamed in through the curtains, feeling like the rays were stabbing into his brain. He winced as he tried to sit up, stomach churning, and attempted to remember the events of the previous night.

He could recall most of his time at Gwil and Rami's dorm, drinking beer and listening to Queen, but couldn't really piece together much more. He remembered the trio ending up in a bar, and then a club, and then the other two arguing over some girl Rami had met. What was her name again? Lily or something, Joe reckoned.

His throat burned and his clothes smelled like stale smoke - that was a first. He reached for water and aspirin he left on his bedside table (drunk him was so thoughtful!) and hoped that the pounding headache he had would go away soon. Rubbing his head, he mentally kicked himself for getting so drunk, especially when he had such a large project due in just a few days. Although he had most of the work done, he knew it was always best to have a head start.

He managed to drag himself out of bed, still wearing the previous night's clothes. Despite beginning to remember a few details of his night out, he still felt like he was missing something really important. He just shrugged it off, getting into the hot shower in an attempt to try and feel human again.

While getting out the shower, Joe slipped on his jeans and nearly broke his ass on the bathroom floor (he was a clumsy fucker). The black skinny jeans slid across the floor and a strange rattling noise came from them.

Curious, he grabbed them off the floor and reached into the pockets, pulling out a half-full pack of Marlboros. Written on it in neat writing was a phone number, and next to it a smiley face and the name "Ben".

Who the fuck was Ben??

A/N: Ending on a bit of a cliffhanger cause I'm a terrible person :) hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and hopefully the next one should be up within a few days! What did you think of Ben's POV should I include it more?

P.S. watch out for the Jurassic World reference bc I'm obsessed with Joe Mazzello