Chapter 16

Nate, Sully, Sam and Cassie's feet touch the marbled floor of the temple and after taking off their wetsuits, make their way in.

Not one of them was prepared, having only their fists and skills to defend themselves. On the floor was littered with a few of Jax's agents and the panic between the family rises.

"(Y/N)?" Nate yells, looking out for her body amongst them.

"Mom?"

The four begin to yell for her and she appears from around the statue, her gun in hand. "I thought you might've been Jax." She breathes out, clearly shaken up.

Nate runs over, wincing from his previous injuries but not caring as he hugs her tight.

"What are you all doing here?"

"It's a Drake thing." Cassie repeats Sam's previous words and (Y/N) chuckles. "Of course."

"This place is amazing." Sam shouts, chuckling.

"And very shiny." Sully adds.

"Cass, come here I wanna show you something." (Y/N) calls and the two women head out of the room, making their way to another part of the city.

The three men stay in the temple, stood in front of the statue of Poseidon in his chariot.

"That's pretty cool." Sam shrugs and Nate shakes his head.

"Of course it's cool, this is probably one of the coolest places we've been too."

"Let's try not to destroy this city, kids." Sully warns and the three of them laugh.

Just like old times.

"Well, isn't this lovely." A voice sounds from behind them enough to make their blood boil.

The trio turns, coming face to face with Jax who was all by himself and wearing his signature smirk. He holds up his gun, not taking any chances and chuckles, the storm in his eyes brewing.

"Where is she?" He asks.

"She took Cassie home. She's gone, Jax." Sully lies.

"Bullshit. She's here and I will find her. My men are already on the lookout." Jax informs them.

"It's been years, you've got to get over her." Sam rolls his eyes.

"(Y/N)'s mine. She always has been. When Nathan here got involved with that Chloe, it was me she came back to." Jax reveals.

The men's eyes widen at this revelation, Nate shaking his head.

"No, you're lying!"

"And it was me she came back to when you had enough. After Shambhala, you had an argument - a huge one where nasty comments were exchanged."

Flashback

"Nathan I am so sick of your bullshit!" (Y/N) screams and Nate rolls his eyes.

"My bullshit? You can't even go anywhere without messing up." He retaliates.

"I wish, genuinely wish that I had never met you and Sully had just left you there." She hisses.

"And I wish that Flynn's grenade had gone off closer."

Nate shakes his head. "Shut up." He breathes.

"Very, very nasty comments." Jax says, continuing his story. "Of course (Y/N) was upset, so it was no coincidence we would meet at the same bar and she would come back to my hotel."

Flashback

(Y/N) sits at the bar, downing her latest drink. Standing up, she hits into the chest of a man, stumbling about from the amount of drink she had downed.

"Move it." She grumbles and looks up to see his striking, pale eyes.

"Jax?"

"Darling, are you okay?" He asks and at that simple question she bursts out crying. Jax immediately takes her out of the pub and to his hotel, sitting her down and brewing her some tea.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Nate. He wishes that the grenade that Flynn dropped - that almost killed me - went off closer. That it did kill me." She chokes out.

Jax pulls her in for a hug. "He doesn't deserve you."

"I hate him." She breathes, pulling away.

He smiles at her, wiping away her tears and she hiccups, starting to laugh.

"What's the matter?"

"I am so drunk, but not drunk enough." She says. Jax shakes his head and without warning, leans in for a kiss.

Drunkingly and stupidly, (Y/N) kisses back, forgetting all about her drama with Nate as he leads her to the bedroom.

"Shut up." Nate says louder.

"It was like we were at Paris all over again." Jax finishes, the smirk returning.

"I said shut up!" Nate yells, catching Jax off guard and running for him, tackling him to the ground.

The two struggle and Sully and Sam rush to help, but more men join in with the fight.

Nate punches the cold-hearted monster hard in the face, but it only seems to worsen the situation. Jax knees him, pushing him off and grabbing the pistol that had slid across the floor from the tackle.

He points it at Nate just as Sam and Sully take out the other few goons, turning to see the position they were in.

Jax wipes the blood from his nose and shakes his head. "Now you've done it."

"Just let him go." Sully says, his voice desperate.

"Not until I get what I want."

"And what's that? Please, we'll give you anything. Money, a free holiday, whatever!" Sam pleads, watching the gun against his brother's temple.

"(Y/N). I want (Y/N)."

"I'm afraid she's off limits." Sam replies. "What about another girl? I can hook you up with someone. There's this really beautiful girl, Crystal-"

"No!" Jax yells, shutting him up. "I'll tear (Y/N) from your precious little family, and when I do I will make sure she knows that she's mine." He threatens.

There's a click of a gun.

The cold barrel of a pistol is pressed against the back of Jax's head.

"I beg to differ."