five 🌸

ashers pov

we begin driving to the beach. we were jamming out to music but annie didn't seem to really want to sing. annie looked out her window and looked at the view. "the views great but walking back up this hill is VERY annoying" i say with a laugh. annie smiles and nods. we struggle to find a park but we did find one. we grabbed our bags and locked the car and began walking down this hill. "so are you like other girls and like sunbathing?" i say to annie nudging her. she slightly laughs, "no way" she says blushing. "your different" i say with a smile. she looks at the ground red as a tomato. we change into our swim suits. annie wore a long sleeve swimming thing. covering her stomach.. she is VERY self conscious. we place our things on the sand and head towards the water. we were talking and taking in the view. we reached the water and slowly adjusted to it. we swam out and she just looked at the sky. breathing in everything. this is my chance. i hold her waste and she looks at me and places her head on my shoulder. i love her to pieces. we swim and play around with the water until annie starts shivering.. we were walking up the sand to our things hands connected. we change into our clothes and head up the hill. once we are back at the car we jam out to songs she loves. she faced her head to me and i looked back. i got lost in her eyes. her gorgeous eyes. i suddenly hear screaming and a car's horn yelling at me. i face the front and that's when everything goes black. annie's screaming makes me want to burst out in tears.

annie's pov

i scream as glass comes at us. i open my eyes and face asher. i see him covered in blood and glass. i scream. "HELP!  HELP!" i say trying to wake him up. i get out of the car and try to open ashers side of the car. the door was jammed. "i am so so sorry" says a woman from the other car. i'm in tears now. i shake my head. "s-someone call 9-911!" i say freaking out on the inside. "okay!" a boy my age says getting out of his car. theirs wasn't as bad as ours. i run back to my side of the car and hold ashers hand. "fight asher... fight for me...your family...everyone.." i say. tears streaming down my face. the police arrive and separate me and asher. "NO YOU CANT DO THIS- I NEED YO BE WITH HIM!" i say trying to get out of their grip. "your not his family or wife" a police officer says. i cry. "please hes my bestfriend! PLEASE" i say. i finally get out of their grip and run to asher. he's getting wheeled into the ambulance. they let me in and i hold his hand the whole way to the hospital.

at the hospital

me and lilia are sitting in the waiting area. ashers family couldn't make it but lilia is updating them A LOT. "i think he's going to be okay" lilia says. i haven't said one word to her. i nod. "he will fight for us" she says with a warming smile. i nod. i look up from the ground and see the boy. from the crash. "oh...i'm sorry about that. i hope he's okay" he says sitting next to me. i stare at him. i roll my eyes. "i'm carson by the way, i just moved here.." he says looking at lilia. she nods. i stand up. "..i'm..going to get..a drink" i say wiping my eyes and walking away. i hear them talking. i walk down the hallways and check the rooms. when i see my last name. "leblanc" i stare at it. a nurse walks by. "who's this room?" i say. she looks at me. "caleb..caleb leblanc..he is fighting cancer..he has been since he was 6...in and out of hospital, his family gave up and left him here...no trace of them, except for a julianna leblanc and james leblanc...but they don't have any numbers." she says and begins walking away. i process everything. i decided to walk into the room. i see a boy with dark brown hair watching baseball. "a visitor?" he says looking towards me. "who are you?" he says looking at me. "annie.." i say mumbling. "i know that name from somewhere" he says thinking. "well my real name is julianna" i say. his eyes widen. "y-your my sister?" i nod. his eyes begin to tear up and so do mine. i hug him. we talk for awhile. "what's the time?" i say thinking about asher. "umm..." he says thinking. i remember about my phone and grab it. it's 7pm. i stand up. "i have to get going- i will visit later" i say walking away with a smile. he waves. i walk back to the waiting room and see lilia. "water doesn't take 3 fucking hours" she says annoyed while she stands up. i shake my head. "yeah well i have to go now" she says with a mean tone. i sigh. "i thought i could trust you" i say and she rolls her eyes. "your a bitch like everyone said! you were the reason asher is in here! that boy said so!" she says shoving me as she walks away. i tear up and being walking towards the reception. "what...room is...asher in?" i say sighing. "level 24 and room 12" she says with a fake smile. i sigh. people are so fake... i head towards the elevator and as i walk in that boy..carson is in it. i try to stay silent but he HAS to talk. "it's not your fault" he says all innocent. i roll my eyes. "don't lie- you told lilia it was my fault!" i say annoyed. he looks at me confused. "i didn't-" he says. the elevator stops and i walk out. i begin walking down to ashers room. i see him and i feel 100% better. i run to him and hug him. "who are you?" he says with a salty voice. my smile fades. "y-you-"