Meet Sunmi-unnie

Mulai dari awal

"Seulgi, are we on the right house? Is this really yours?", I asked with amusement.

"You're a silly bunny!" she chuckled.

"Bunny?" I look at her.

"What? You're calling me bear!"

I was about to say something when a very tall and beautiful girl walked in front of us. She's pretty but very intimidating. Maybe meeting her is a really bad idea.

"Irene meet Sunmi-unnie", I wanted to hug her but I was frozen in my place. She's checking on me from head to toe. So scary!

"Yah!! Unnie, you're intimidating her. Stop that!", Seulgi said.

"Araso..araso. I'm sorry Irene. I'm just playing at you. You're so pretty, no wonder this brat is so whipped for you.", she smiled and gave me a big and warm hug.

"Welcome to our family"

I blushed on what she said. Maybe, it's not too bad at all. "Thank you unnie and nice meeting you."

They prepared a lot of food for me. She said that some of it, Seulgi cooked it herself. I believe her cause I've been blessed every lunch period with it. Unnie is really really nice and jolly. I really like her but I just noticed that she doesn't look  like Seulgi. I also noticed that in the family pictures, only Seulgi is there. After the dinner, Sunmi-unnie showed me the photo album of Seulgi when she was young. My curiosity is now killing me, as I felt like there is something off with this family thing.

"Unnie, where are your parents?", I curiously asked her.

I saw Seulgi widen her eyes, same with Sunmi-unnie. They looked surprised with my sudden question. Sunmi looked at Seulgi.

"Seulgi, you didn't tell her?" Seulgi just shrugged.

"Do you want me to tell her or you'll tell her?", she worriedly asked Seulgi.

"You can. I'll just prepare some snacks." She then stand up and walk to the kitchen.

"But Seulgi, I'm still fu---", I stopped when Sunmi-unnie hold my arm.

"Let her." I can sense the sadness in unnie's voice.

Sunmi-unnie told me everything about Seulgi's parent. I can't believe that she's going through that. She's so positive and she has so much love to give. How can someone give so much love when she barely have it. I mean she has Sunmi-unnie and other relatives but still. Losing one parent is already hard but imagine losing them both at the same time. My tears won't just stop. Imagining Seulgi going through that breaks my heart into million pieces. I mean she has the biggest heart of all the people I know and yet , ugghhh God, it's so unfair!

I saw Sunmi-unnie crying so hard now too. She hugged me and whispered, "Thank you for making her happy Irene"

I cried even more. No unnie, I'm a selfish bitch. I told myself.

"What the hell is happening here? Irene? Sunmi-unnie? Oh my gosh, you guise drink water", Seulgi was about to put water on the glass when I pulled her into hug. I hugged her so tight while I rested my face in the crook of her neck. I was sobbing uncontrollably. She was surprised by my act but hug me in return.

Seulgi's POV

I went to the kitchen as I don't want to remember what happened to my parents. It's not that I don't want to tell Irene, but I just can't bring myself to discuss about it, I'm afraid my heart won't be able to take it. I gave them enough time to talk and I got surprised when I saw the two of them crying so hard.

Irene was crying uncontrollably. I sat next to her and was about to give her water when suddenly she pulled me into a hug. It's a hug full of love, hurt and concern. I looked at Sunmi-unnie. She wiped her tears, smiled and nod at me. I hugged Irene in return. It took as a while for her to calm down. Geez, what a baby. But to be honest, I felt so special. I didn't expect her to react that way with my parent's story. I wonder, what would she feel once she finds out about my heart condition. I sighed in defeat. "What mess did I put myself into". Not that I'm thinking that she fell in love with me, but I just added one person that will sob if this heart (holding into my heart) won't be able to make it.

Irene and I walked outside the garden and ended up sitting in my favorite bench.  "Irene, are you okay now?", I asked worriedly.

"How come you didn't tell me Seulgi?"

"I just don't have the courage to tell you Irene."

"I understand. I also lost my father when I was young. It's really hard to open it up or share it to others." I was surprised by what she said.

"I'm so sorry for your lost Irene. That's true, it's so hard. But don't worry, I'm okay now Irene. Besides I have Sunmi-unnie with me."

"I'm glad that Sunmi-unnie is with you. I like her. I can feel that she genuinely love you like a real sister." Irene looked at me intently. I'm so conscious right now but I choose to meet her gaze. "Seul, I promise that I will  always be here for you." She was so sincere with her words. I can't help but to fall in love even more.

"Ahemm...ahem, Irene will be late. Let's take her home now Seulgi" I was so embarrassed when unnie caught us staring at each other.

"Yes, unnie."

We dropped Irene off and went back to our house.

"Seulgi, I assumed that Irene knows nothing about your condition. Am I right?"

"Yes, you're right unnie."

"I like her Seulgi and she deserves to know the truth. You see how she reacts on your story? Imagine, what she'll feel about your condition. She'll be devastated."

"I know unnie. I'm a selfish person. I just thought about myself. I just added one more person to cry in my fune---."

"Stop Seulgi. Don't you dare say that in front of me."

"I'm sorry. I should have listened to you. But what to do? I've fallen so hard on her now, unnie."

She just hugged me. "It's been a long day, let's take a rest now."

***** Brace yourself everyone, Bogum is coming back on the next chapter.