That's My Girl ft. Shivika and Ruvya

Start from the beginning

"It's all thanks to you, Gauri. Without your idea, I would have never been able to think about the benefits that this could bring to the orphanage. After all, it is where you and Annika bhabhi spent a lot of your childhood." Om whispered as he clutched her hand a little tighter to ward off all of the bad memories that she had with this place.

"Achcha chaliye, the children will be waiting." Gauri said wiping the hint of tears from her eyes and smiling a genuine smile.

As they walked into the orphanage, Om headed to the front of the podium and began introducing Gauri to all of the famous art people that were present at the exhibition. Everyone was beautifully welcoming and appreciative of Gauri's unique style unlike the last time she had come to Om's exhibition, and Gauri at once felt at ease. Then, just as she was talking to one of the fellow artists who had attended, she felt a firm tap on her shoulder.

"Gauri Kumari Sharma?" the woman asked.

Actually, its Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi, Gauri thought, but she didn't say anything and nodded.

"Hi, I'm Riddhima. Riddhima Sahni."

Riddhima, she repeated wondering why that name seemed eerily familiar.

"You are Om's supposed wife, right?"

And this time Gauri could hear the contempt in this woman's voice. So, she raised her eyebrows and nodded again.

"I AM his wife. Who are you?"

"I am his ex-girlfriend and the co-owner of this charitable orphanage, Miss Sharma."

Gauri took in a deep breath and stared at the woman in front of her feeling a little prick in her heart. This girl was beautiful. She was tall, smart, well-educated and charitable. She was everything that Gauri was not. Then why did Omkara ji break up with her?

And then Gauri remembered Om's words, his embrace and his confidence in her. She remembered the way he loved her like no other and that made her stand a little taller and face the seething woman in front of her.

"It's Mrs. Oberoi and nice to meet you, but I have to find my husband."

"Not so easy, Mrs. Oberoi. Om is busy talking to my associate about the next exhibition and how we can center it around another charitable cause for the environment. You know he always loved me when I did something good for the society." she said and then flipped her hair casually. Yet, the confidence in her voice unruffled Gauri.

"New exhibition?" Gauri asked, wondering why Om didn't tell her about his plans.

"Oh, you didn't know?" Riddhima asked feigning surprise. "Well, he is planning on doing an entire series with me. Maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't want you asking all sorts of questions about our past."

"There's nothing like that, Riddhima. I have full trust in my husband." Gauri said firmly looking Riddhima dead in the eye.

"Good. That might help you later on when we are working late nights together finalizing locations for the Anti-Plastic protest exhibition, and writing the proposal for the non-tariff distributed art goods."

"Art goods?"

"And not to mention the protest for the plagiarism of Modern Art in Filmfare magazines."

"Riddhima, my husband is working for a good cause and I am proud of him. You being his ex does not bother me, but don't try any dirty tricks on him because he is not falling for it."