The Adventures of C and D

OS#5: The adventures of C & D

I scowled through my latest attempt at shaping the luscious hair of my sculpture. The frustration of the tiff that I had with my Oh so righteous' wife had made itself known as the scalpel hit the molding clay a little too hard creating an indent that was a little too sharp.

The clay shivered under the pressure before finally dropping onto my work table in a mess. I sighed, putting the scalpel down. This was not going to work unless I had the right mindset to continue my work. I looked longingly at the piece of art I was currently trying to salvage as my mind wandered to the argument I had had with the chirayya who was currently sulking in our room.

"Gauri, why are you cancelling our tickets to Greece?"

"Omkara ji, how can we go on a holiday when our family is in a mess?"

I stopped for a moment. She was right. After years of emotional torture and verbal abuse, Mom had finally signed the divorce papers and had kicked Mr. Oberoi out of her life. The whole family had supported her in the emotional breakdown that she had faced afterward. So much so that, when it came time to choose, Dadi had asked Mr. Oberoi to leave the mansion, never to return. Mom was weak when it came to emotions, so leaving the man that she had loved so much took a toll on her.

But that was a month ago. Mom, had grown since then. She had taken time to return to her charity work and had also started a new business that kept her busy. She was happy. Alone, but happy. And my chirayya had left no stone unturned to keep Mom company. Right from taking care of her medicines to telling her stories about her Dabbang attitude from Bareilly, she hadn't failed in bringing a smile our Mom's face. I had overheard a conversation between the two ladies one day as they sat sipping coffee and looking over a tourist magazine that had pictures of Athens' beautiful landscape. Gauri had stared with wide eyes taking in the beauty that she had never seen. Her birthday was coming in a month and it was the perfect opportunity to whisk her away and surprise her with a dream vacation to Greece.

But, my chirayya thought otherwise.

"Gauri, Mom is okay now. I know that she is going to need time to get over the heartbreak, but your birthday is important and she won't mind if we just go on a short vacation to celebrate."

"Omkara ji, I understand, but I can't come. I can't leave Ma ji like this"

"Gauri, its your birthday. Your first one with me, we have to celebrate."

If this had been any other time, I would have unabashedly adored my wife and thanked the lords for gifting me this precious chirayya as my life partner. But this was the one time when her sacrificing nature had gotten on my nerves.

"Gauri, its been so long since Ive spent time with you alone. I need this vacation. We need this vacation and you're coming."

"Omkara ji, no. We can wait. Ma ji can't. I can't believe your thinking about romance at this time." She had a cute frown set on her face, but that couldn't melt me then.

"You're coming.

"Am not"

"Are too"

"No"

"Yes"

"No, Omkara ji. Im not celebrating my birthday in Greece without my family. If you want to go, you are welcome and that is final."

And with that, she walked out of the room in a huff and left me standing there dumbfounded at my wife's refusal.

"Fine then. If that's the way you want it." I muttered before slamming the door and walking in the opposite direction towards my studio in the other wing of the mansion.

Needless to say, I had been pissed since. Gauri had calmed down and texted me a quick sorry. When I hadn't replied, she tried calling me a couple of times. Then she had sent me an I love you' with a smiley...and nothing after that. Wrapping up my sculpture, I made my way towards the room, slightly curious to see what my crazy wife was up to. I entered the room. Cautious, I walked in, only to see a very familiar, yet funny outline of my wife clothed in her alter ego Chulbul!

"Chulbul?"

And she turned with the familiar wide smile, face scrubbed clean of make up, horn-rimmed glasses and the classic cap that had shielded her head. Her overalls were as usual oversized covering her feminine curves.

"Omkara jii!! Kaise hai aap? Aapko pata humne aap ko kitna miss kiya?"

"Gau-"

"Omkara ji, aapki patni ne hume bataya. Aap unse gussa hai na. Kyonki unhone aap ke saath Gre-e, ka kehte hai, videss jaane se mana kiya, hai na? Pata hai hume, sab pata hai. Lekin aap chinta mat kijiye. Humne aap ki patni se baat karli hai. Woh bahut sarminda hai, ee liye, hume bheja hai. "

I let the shock of seeing his wife dressed as my best buddy wear down before I inwardly chuckled at my chirayya's antics. Trust her to take weirdness to a different level. Back when Gauri had roamed the halls of Oberoi mansion dressed as Chulbul, I would have never guessed that the man-child I had considered my best friend was actually my wife. But staring at her now, I could clearly see the bright hazel eyes hidden behind the big glasses and the lopsided wig that just managed to cover the long tresses that my wife had.

"Aapki patni ji ne kaha ki woh sarry hai ki unhone aap pe chillaya aur aapke gift ko mana kiya. Woh toh bas aap ke Ma ji ke baare mein soch rahi thi. Aap samaj rahe hai na? Omkara ji? Kya aap unhe maaf kardenge?"

I smiled at my wife's half-baked attempt at a man's voice. Could I forgive her? Of course I could and I would, but not this easily. A devilish smile took on my face. Two can play at this game', I thought.

"Omkara ji kaun?" I asked, imitating Dilpreet ji from the time I had gone to get Gauri back from Bareilly.

"Mein toh yaha Gauri ji se milne aaya tha. Par woh yahaan nahi hai ji. Waise tussi kaun?"

I caught the look of sheer surprise flash through Gauri aka Chulbul's eyes before she took in a deep breath and considered her next move.

"D-Dilpreet ji, a-aap"

"Oh ji, haan ji. Mein Gauri ji ka khaas dost. Saada Dilpreet! Par menu yeh dasso, Gauri ji hai kahan aur aapko bhi meine kabhi nahi dekha. Aap ji?"

Gauri sighed. She had accepted defeat. In her sweet feminine voice, she spoke.

"Omkara ji. I'm sorry. Pleeease?" Complete with the puppy dog eyes and pouted lips, she was irresistable. I smiled a full smile and walked up to my wife, put my hands around her tiny waist and pulled her in for a bold kiss on her lips. She was a masterpiece, she was my masterpiece. Gauri smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me closer.

"O come qui-"

"Maaa. Come quick. O gay-a. Maa da laadla bigad gaya. Maaa,"

Rudi's piercing shriek broke us apart as his voice travelled the halls of the Oberoi Mansion. Gauri blushed at the thought of having Rudi walk in on our kiss. I rolled my eyes at my brother's stupidity. I'd have to deal with him later. But right now, I needed to get my wife back.

"Waise, I missed Chulbul a lot, but can I get my Dabbang Gauri back, starting with," my hands ran over the cap that settled on top of her wig. "this."

I pulled it off of her head and let her luscious hair fall to her back. Placing a quick kiss on the top of her head, I moved on to remove the horn-rimmed glasses that were a hindrance to those beautiful, hazel orbs. "and this."

I placed a tender kiss on each eyelid and let her cover her face in my arms while blushing.

Cutie.

I lifted her chin to my eyes and looked at her once more, "one more thing" and I tilted my head to quickly peck her lips before whispering, "We are still going to Greece

------

That's it guys!! Hope you liked it!