👨‍👩‍👧‍👧 Chapter 1 👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm 15."

"How are your grades?" David asked.

"I'm on the honor roll," I said with a smile.

"Would you like to have us as a family?" Renia asked and I tilted my head.

"I'd like to have a family," I stated and she nodded.

"You have any siblings?" David questioned.

"N," I answered simply.

"Would you like a sister?"

"How old is she?" I asked interestedly as I raised my eyebrows.

"Also 15," Reina says with a smile.

"Yes."

"Well, would you like to be apart of our family?" I nodded and she smiled wide at me.

"Well, it's official." My director says clapping her hands together.

My new adopted parents looked at me with a smile as they stood up and opened their arms for me. I smiled a small smile and embraced them. They went into my director's office and I sat outside next to the receptionist.

"Somebody finally adopting you Fenty?" She asked with a smug and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes Brenda," I said swinging my feet beneath me as I swing my feet back and forth under my chair.

"Won't be for long." She retorted popping her gum.

"That's none of your concern. I only have 3 years until I'm 18 then I'm outta your hair for good." I said stopping what I was doing to cross my legs.

"Besides I know how to play the role of a good girl," I said with a smirk and leaned over to show a little cleavage from my dress.

"I just choose to be bad."I purred at the end and she rolled her eyes at me.

The door handle clicked and I say up properly. My new parents came out with smiled on there faces. They opened their arms for me and I ran into them again saying "Thank you."

"Don't think us, sweetie, we're family now." Reina chimed in my ear.

"Okay, off we go to the store," David exclaimed heading to the door.

Reina took my hand as we walked out of my old home.

"We're going to the store to get things for your new room." He explained.

"We were gonna go before but we wanted to know what you liked so we didn't get anything but mattresses. We want you to get any and everything you want. Within reason of course." Reina explained to me and I nodded.

Davis opened the door for me and this his wife. He hopped in the driver's seat and started the car. They were a very good looking couple. I wonder how they met, but that's another question for another time.

I clicked my seatbelt and noticed that they were holding hands while he was driving. I mentally laughed. They're cute. Going to the stores was relatively quick I knew exactly what I wanted and to them, it seemed like money was no issue. I wondered what they did for a living too.

After the furniture store, we as in me and Renia went to the mall. David went to the house to start making dinner. Renia says were gonna Uber back to the house whatever that means. We walked through the mall with her arm around my shoulders.

"So what stores do you like?" She asked casually as if I wasn't still in my uniform.

"I don't really know. I've only been in 3 foster homes and we didn't go to the store much at all." I explained and she nodded.

"Oh, so this is kinda like a first time thing for you huh?" I nodded and she smiled.

"Well, would you mind if I picked your clothes out for you?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"Mmm, I don't know about that." I side-eyed her crossing my arms.

"Come on I have great style as you can see." She said posing for me and I laughed.

"Okay."

"Plus I'm not a square when it comes to fashion. I know that your a young lady and I respect that. So you can have some leeway with that you wear. When I was younger I dressed like a nun until my mid-20s." She joked and we laughed.

This picture is what she looked like after they left. But no makeup.

I left the store in casual clothing but I felt awesome to not look like I go to Catholic school. We went into this make up a store because Reina wanted to buy some face cleanser and moisturizer. I simply nodded as I went along. As she talked to the sales associate I walked around trying on different lipstick and played in some eyeshadow. Which didn't look bad when I finished.

"Yeah, I'm not feeling the lip," Reina said causing me to jump.

I put a hand on my heart and turned to her.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were jumpy." She said with her hands up.

"Oh no, I was just really focused," I said and turned back to the mirror.

"Ohhh okay." She said and came to stand next to me.

"Yeah, I think you should do another color instead of the purple it's a lil too dark for your complexion makes you look pale." She informed me and she was right.

I grabbed a makeup wife from around the corner and wiped the lipstick off my lips.

"Try this. Normally I wouldn't suggest this but I think this color is going to look great on you." Renia said slightly giddy.

"Your really happy aren't you?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Not really. My daughter is more of the shy type and doesn't really do this kind of thing."She informed me.

"Oh okay." I made note of that and put the lipstick on.

The color she has on the photo

"Perfect?" She inquired and I nodded.

"Okay, you ready to go I'm starving." She joked holding her stomach.

"Yeah, let's go." I agreed on she paid for our things and we left.