people like us.

Începe de la început

"So...are you excited?" I asked as I sat down on the couch next to him, Finn resting his head on Neal's lap.

"I think I'm more nervous. I don't think I've ever sang for a con before."

"Well from what I've heard in the past, even you quietly singing in the shower when you think I can't hear you, you have nothing to be worried about. You have a killer voice, embrace it." I told him as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Thanks, Haley."

"Of course. Sometimes you just need somebody to give you a hug and say, 'I got you.'" Neal let out a breath, gently resting a hand on Finn's head. "I got you, Neal Caffrey." I reassure him, a cheesy smile on my face.

"I appreciate that, Hales. I got you, too." He replied, elbowing my arm.

"I know you do." I rested my head on his shoulder. "I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Thanksgiving is close and I know you usually go to El and Peter's but my parents wanna know if you wanted to join us? Maybe eat dinner at one and then dessert at the other?"

"Sounds great. I'd love to."

"My mom adores you. I'm sure my dad thinks you're pretty cool, too."

"It'll be fun. We'll get to see your family and my unofficial family."

"Family doesn't always have to be blood related, you know."

"I know. I'm glad I have them."

"Did you ever think of looking for your mom?" Neal shrugged.

"Sometimes. Then I remember how things with my dad turned out."

"Neal, your dad killed a cop, and then Senator Pratt. Your mom is someone completely different. I'm not going to push you to do anything. But I like I said, I got you."

♔♔♔

"Okay, he's up next

"Okay, he's up next." Peter had said, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm excited." I chuckled, my leg bouncing up and down. We watched on the monitor as Neal stepped up onto the stage.

We come into this world unknown
But know that we are not alone
They try and knock us down
But change is coming, it's our time now

Hey everybody loses it
Everybody wants to throw it all away sometimes
And hey, yeah I know what you're going through
Don't let it get the best of you, you'll make it out alive

"Is there something that Caffrey can't do? I'm feeling a little outnumbered in the talent department." Jones muttered.

"He always wanted hand-to-hand combat. You have that, he doesn't." Peter had a point, Jones simply shrugged.