Fooling Yourself

Magsimula sa umpisa

Dean gave me a look. "And you have to deal with that?"

I shrugged. "Better than him than Lucifer. At least Venom isn't annoying." From what they told me about Lucifer.

"Yeah, I'm a delight," Venom commented.

Dean groaned. "Ok, how about you don't do it in a place where they could lock Lexa up?"

"I could just break us out."

"How about you disappear before I start ringing some bells?"

"Ok, fine." Venom slowly disappeared back. "You were more fun sleeping."

》》》》

Kadinsky showed us to Sam's room. Sam looked all right. I sighed in relief when he didn't look like he was severely injured. His eyes were focused on the table next to him. So, I guess Lucifer is in the room.

He has the devil in his head.

And I have you, what's the difference?

I'm alive.

"How are you feeling?" Dean asked.

"Maybe you should cancel my UFC fight," Sam tried to joke.

I crossed my arms with a sigh. I know Sam is trying to be brave for Dean and me, mostly Dean. But this is unhealthy. Lucifer in his head is dangerous. Sam could have died cause the devil won't leave him alone.

Yes, and, unlike him, if you were injured I could have just healed you.

Unless you aren't with me.

Venom scoffed. You're stuck with me.

"Sam, I'm gonna find you help," Dean said after sitting on the corner of the bed.

To my surprise, Sam scoffed. "I don't think it's out there, guys."

"We don't know that." Dean looked at me. "Can't that little parasite of yours heal him?"

Parasite!

I shook my head. "Venom can only heal physical injuries. What Sam is going through is mental stuff. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Sam said. "It's all snake oil from here. The last faith healer Dean and I met had a reaper on a leash."

Reaper? Like Grim Reapers?

Yes, Venom. Reapers

Dean sighed. "Yeah...Sam, I remember."

"I'm just saying...."

"What? That you don't want our help?"

Maybe I should leave. This is a brother-to-brother kind of moment.

They're having a moment?

I ignored him. "I'm just gonna...get some coffee."

Then I left without saying anything else. Why is Sam saying all that stuff like he's about to die? He's and Dean went through hell and survived. Sam isn't going to die because of Lucifer. I was walking down the hallway. The lights started to flicker, making me stop.

Do you hear that?

I shook my head. Venom moved my body. I started walking towards another part of the hallway. I furrowed my brows as I heard someone singing. I looked up as the lights flickered again. I reached behind me and checked for my gun. I pulled it out and started following the song.

"So I walk into the dead of night," I heard the girl sing. I got closer. Her voice getting creepier and creepier by the minute. "Where my monsters like to hide. Chaos feels so good inside. Now I know."

The girl repeated the song over and over again. I peeked through the window, only for my eyes to widen. The girl's back was towards me. She kept singing those words over and over again, but it was the wall that caught my attention.

Written in blood was my name. Lexa. Lexa. Lexa. It was like the girl knew I was there and snapped her head my direction. She grinned. Her teeth were rotten as blood stained her teeth.

"So I walk into the dead of night," the girl sang. She stalking towards me. "Where my monsters like to hide." My eyes widen again as she started running towards me. "Chaos feels so good inside." I jumped back when she banged her hands on the window. "Now I know."

We need to go, now.

My chest started racing as the girl continued to bang on the window. "Now I know. Now I know. Now I know!" She started laughing. "He's coming for you, Lexa." She started to bang her head on the window. "He's coming for you. He's coming for you!"

This time I screamed when the glass started to crack. A small gash was across her head as she banged her head and hands.

Lexa, let's go!

Venom lifted my body and pushed me. I didn't hesitate this time and started running down the corridor. I turned back to see the girl waving at me. I barely turned around when I crashed into someone. I started to scream and was about to punch the person, but the person grabbed me by my shoulders.

"Lexa. Lexa. Hey, hey, hey," the person said. I stopped when I realized that it was Dean. I looked up at him to see him giving me a panicked look. "You ok? I heard you screaming."

I looked back. The girl was long gone. The crack on the window was still there. Her bloodied handprint was still there with my name written under it. Chills went down my spine.

I nodded as I looked at Dean. "Yeah, let's just..." I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me. "Let's just get out of here."