XVIII • Epilogue

Hello Everyone! So you've made it to the final chapter! I am so excited! This story has come so far and I am just thrilled to be done with it! Book 2, however, will be called True Nature and take place in season 2! The first part with the cast and everything will be published today but chapters won't start today but will within the next week or so! Just so I can get enough writing done and start publishing. 

Thank you so much for reading my story! I love you all deeply and appreciate you so so much! Now, Enjoy! 

Brooke Marie

✧ ✧ ✧

This chapter takes place during episode 13 - Morning Star -  before Jace goes with Valentine and it will probably skip around a bit because the episode is weird and also skips around lol 

✧ ✧ ✧

"Have you spoken to Bianca or Lydia? No one's seen them since the wedding and I know Bianca went to apologize to Lydia

"Have you spoken to Bianca or Lydia? No one's seen them since the wedding and I know Bianca went to apologize to Lydia." Alec waited for his Maryse to speak, but she didn't. "Mom, come on." 

"Maryse.." Robert stated, walking up. 

"Mom," Alec stood, hands behind his back like a true diplomat. "I understand you're upset but this is-"

She interrupted him, "Calling off the wedding would've been one thing. But stepping down from the altar in the middle of your wedding to kiss that girl in front of the entire Institute and members of the Clave? You've embarrassed all of us, including Lydia." 

"Why? Because she isn't a high member of the Clave? Because it wasn't in your plans for me?" 

"No. The fact that you just abandoned our plans for you is the least of my worries. But you chose Bianca Herondale. The girl who was kidnapped by Valentine and has been with him for 18 years."

Alec's face dropped, he couldn't believe they were acting like this. "Son, we have no idea who she is or what she's capable of. What if she's been lying this entire time about her true intentions? We know nothing about her." Robert told the raven-haired boy. 

Alec rolled his eyes. "I know enough about her to know she isn't siding with Valentine and how dare you even suggest it. The Inquisitor herself loves Bianca and took her in immediately as her granddaughter. And I plan to get to know her even more. Now, I'm going to find Bianca and Lydia."

"Lydia's probably packing for Idris in your father's office. What she did-"

"Saved my life. So I should go thank her." He walked away from his parents, hands no longer behind him. Alec knew his parents were wrong about Bianca, but even he knew there was something about her he couldn't place his finger on. But, he trusted her. And he planned to know everything about her.