Chapter Eight

Wow! Eight chappys already? Amazing! hah, I hope you like and there will be a small ray of light in this chater.... but the ball will be discribed in the next chapter. Enjoy!

Naomi POV

There I was, on my hands and knees scrubbing away at the floor with a giant sponge, not being allowed to use a mop. I sang a quiet tune I heard echoing from the top floor. 

Hearts beat fast

Colors promises 

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall

But watching you an alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling dont be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

The doorbell interupted the saddening tume emminating from my mouth. I sighed and got up to answer the door, opening it slowly and cautiously. I was stunned to seee who it was."Kelsey?" there, in front of me was the red haired girl who promised to help me through the "games".

"You need to come back," my face of confusion instantly turned into a scowl. 

"Why would I go back?" Kelsey's lip quivered, and then she scoffed.

"I don't know? Because maybe there was no reason for you to leave? What do you have against us anyway? What did we do? Tell me at least so I can know!" her face turned a pinkish tint and her voise rose slightly. I stepped outside and closed the door so that my step-mother wouldn't hear the convorsation.

"Avielle told me the truth, there's no need to hide it," I wiped and oncoming tear discreetly and looked at her.

"What truth? What did Avielle tell you?" Kelsey's eyes became wild, searching for something in my expression.

"That Kevin was just doing that with all the girls,"

"Did what?" she questioned, througly confused.

"I'm going to the ball tomorrow. I'm not going to go back to living there. Just to know it was a lie." Kelsey looked at me quizzicaly.

"What was a lie?" she almost shouted, full of suspense and confusion.

"Kevins love. He didn't actually love me, or even think I was special for that matter. He just did it to all the girls," Kelsey clamped my mouth shut, furrowing her eyebrows angrily and searching my face again.

"I don't know why Avielle would tell you that, but she's gone. Oh she's long gone. She's been gone for quite some time because she couldn't take it anymore,"

"What? She could take being the prettiest girl in the room?"

"No, I don't know, she got angry after sitting acting sad on the staircase and left saying 'I can't take it anymore!'" Kesley explained, wringing her hands nervously, "but I have a plan, since you're going to the ball,"

"Whats your plan, why would I need it?" I put my hand up quickly to stop her from talking and though, "scratch that, what exactly will it do?"

"You already have him, but it'll prevent him from dying at the ball. You will dress up as someone else. It's a masqurade so you will get to wear a mask. I want you to look extravagant. Like you've never dressed up like. Then, when the clock rings midnight, leave. He will be wondering who you were and stop thinking about real you,"

"But if he stops thinking about real me, won't that be bad?" 

"No, he's still thinking of you, but he doesn't know it's you. But it's you. Its the perfect plan. Next day you come back and make your apologies, bada bing bada boom, you and him are together again!"

"Bada bing bada boom?"

"I don't know, I wanted to sound like I'm from brooklyn." I laughed and nodded my head.

"Okay, perhaps I'm in. But won't this be a little much like Cinderella?"

"So? It makes it so romantic!" Kelsey smield hopefully at me, her blue eyes glistening with aftertears and her red hair shone in the sun.

"Whatever, I'll do it," she smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you so much, I promise you wont regret it," and then she left.

 Even after Kelsey left, I didn't trust Kevin. I don't think that Kelsey is right. But what if she is?

*Flashback*

 The sun was still up so I could see all the amazing flowers and vines curving around the railing. "Its beautiful out here!" the prince smiled and picked a white rose off a bush and peeled all the thornes off. With shaky hands, he brushe my hair behind m ear and put the flower behind my ear as well.

"You know, you look beautiful tonight." I smiled at his compliment and sat down on a bench.

*End of flashback*

Maybe Kevin did like me, maybe Avielle lied. Perhaps I broke his heart by leaving. Perhaps, me arriving at the ball unexpectedly would mean the world to him. I pushed the thoughts out of my head as I scrubbed the floor, I didn't need to shed salty tears on the clean floor.

After I was finished with my chores, I grabbed my credit card and headed out to buy a dress for tomorrow night. I knew exactly what i wanted. Ever since I set eye on it, I wished i could wear it. It was definately an eye catcher.

"Welcome to Delia's Gown shop, I will be helping you to find the perfect dress today, what exactly are you looking for? A line... Mermaid,"

"I'm looking for a certain Ball gown. Its multi colored and absolutley goregous."

the lady smiled at me and lead me to the ball gowns. On the dress form was a pretty purple ball gown with alot of beading. The lady kept showing me dresses that were not the one I wanted. Mine was much prettier than all of the ones she were presenting. Suddenly, a dress in the rack catches my eye. Some pink and blue tulle was sticking out. "What about this one?" the dressmaker pulled it out and laughed a harsh laugh.

"This has been here for ten years, nobody has every liked it. Don't even waste your time on it." that's it! That's the one. My heart rate sped up and my breathing quickend it's pace.

"Do you think I could get a deal on it?" the dressmaker looked at it thoughtfully, occasionally looking at me.

"If it fits you and it looks good on you, it's all yours." I nodded and she took me into a fitting room. Once it was on, it looked ten times better. It was amazing on me and even the dressmaker looked in awe. "I... wow. Are you going to the ball tomorrow night?" I nodded, I couldn't speak, I was too amazed at my appearace, "make sure the prince sees you. I hear he's single again." I twirled in the dress then took it off. I'm so ready for tomorrow night.