🌸 |Chapter 1

Începe de la început

She gently put the book away before standing up. She exited the room before nodding to the *kamuro that fetched her. The kamuro bowed and guided the silver-head lady towards the common room, where banquets are usually served, and where yuujo always work. The kamuro opened the shoji doors for her, before bowing to (Y/N). She looked at the gathering in front of her, seeing her fellow famous yuujo. They looked at her before scoffing - maybe in disappointment. She was late, and she can clearly tell that. The courtesans lined up in a proper position while prettying themselves like a selection was happening.

(Y/N) have an idea about what might happen. It could be that a high-ranked male will come and visit in order to choose a mistress among these courtesans. She was clearly a candidate, seeing that she was summoned here. She was uninterested in what was happening, but she had no choice.

She sat at the last seat that was reserved, each move was like a flower swaying along the breeze. She was swift yet gentle mover and it was natural, truly a beauty no one can match.

Unlike the other yuujo who fiddled and played with their hair or their kimonos, she just sat still and patiently waited. She wasn't nervous or anything, she was way past that. This was a common thing for her after all.

At last, the head of the brothel, Nemuri Kayama went into the room and nodded to them. "One of the famous and powerful *daimyo here in Edo, Todoroki Enji-sama, has sent his son, Todoroki Shoto-sama, in order to qualify a girl that will act as his mistress. One of you will be lucky enough to be chosen and you know that you are our brothel's best yuujo. Carry out your work and entertain the young lord."

Everyone giggled and cheered for the good news. Todoroki is a very famous name around Edo and it was competing against Toshinori. Even though it was a famous name, Todoroki Enji was known to be a terror on the battlefield and a strict dictator. Although he is a ruler with a just practice, he can go overboard that has killed many people in his lands.

But to a yuujo, it meant nothing.

The chance to go out of this land was their dream, and they will do anything just to get out there and be free.

But how can reality be more bitter than it already is?

The time went on and so the young lord has arrived. The girl was a bit surprised to see his two-colored long hair and even dissimilar eyes. He was very attractive - a mystery in the dark. It was as if he was the opposite of her...she can see him holding many emotions within those indifferent eyes. His moves were smooth and swift as if he was heavily trained with his manners. His face has this huge scar on his left eye, but despite the scar, he was still handsome and attractive. Many women could fall for his looks and gestures.

He sat in front of the lined yuujo and bowed, while all of the yuujo that were present bowed back. When the girl lifted her head, she noticed the man staring at her, his face was still stoic, albeit his eyes expressed a bit of surprise and sadness.

"What is your name?" His voice was deep and demanding as if it was not a question but an order. She glanced at the kamuro beside her, and so she spoke for the silver-haired female. But even before she could open her mouth, the male glared at her and turned his face back to the silver-headed yuujo.

"I'm asking you."

The woman stared at the young lord with a nonchalant expression. She never had the intention to answer from the very start, and she intended to keep it that way. His stare was scary, but the yuujo could tell what emotions were stirring in them and neither of the two breaks the staring. The silence was short as the young lord sighed before slightly tilting his head with a small smirk in his face.