1

"Critical failure in cryogenic array. Stasis occupants must vacate immediately." I hear a computerized voice say as I wake up with a deep gasp. There's a couple of seconds of a wait until the pod door slides open, and I sit up on the table I was laying on, looking over at the pod to my right as it slides open as well, and my dog lifts his head sleepily. I smile at him and look at the screen above my pod, reading what it tells me.

Pod Occupant: Y/N Y/L/N
Sex: Female
DOB: November 3, 2033
Age: 18
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130
Stasis Status: ERROR
Vitals: Normal

Sighing, I look over at my dog as he stands, and stretches before hopping down, and walking over to me, so I reach down, and scratch his head.

"What happened, bud?" I ask him, and he huffs as I sit down, so I think back to why I put him and I into stasis. The war. The bombs. The message from Becca telling me to get to the bunker she told me to build.

-

I was working on a prototype for a lifelike robot I planned on making and selling to the public to make life easier for others, when I got a video call from Becca, so I answered it.

"Y/N! Where are you?" Becca asked, and I furrowed my brow, setting down the LED prototype I was working on.

"I'm at work. What's up?" I ask, and look at my friend's face as she huffs, frustrated, and stressing over something.

"I need you to drop everything, and get to your bunker, now." She orders, and I furrow my brow.

"What's going on?" I ask, and she hesitates.

"A war is coming. Please, just trust me." She begs, and I nod.

"Of course, Becca." I say, dropping what I'm doing, and calling out to Zeus, rushing out to my car, and racing to my bunker. As I left, I sent messages to my folks, telling them to get to the bunker, and they said that they were on their way. That was the last I ever saw of them.

-

I don't realize that I'm crying until I hear Zeus bark, and sigh, running my fingers through his soft fur, and take a few deep breaths to calm myself. Once Zeus is calm, I open my eyes, and get up, heading over to my computer to see what's going on. The first thing I notice, is the year. It's 2148. When I went under, it was 2052.

"You're almost a century old, Zeusy." I say to my German Shepherd, who tilts his head as he looks at me. Without saying anything, I get up, and walk over to the stairs that'll take me out of the lab, up to the living area, as soon as I got up there, I went to the kitchen, and got some food and water for Zeus, before finding myself some food. As I eat, the TV goes off with a notification, so I turn, and tell my own A.I. to open the notification, and watch as Becca's face show's up.

"Y/N, when you're seeing this, I'm long gone. This video was recorded immediately after you hung up when I told you to go to your bunker. I hope you and your parents made it to safety before it was too late. There's something important that I need to tell you about the war."  She says, sighing, and shaking her head. "It's my fault. My A.I., A.L.I.E. launched the nukes, because she thought that the world's biggest problem was that there were too many people. I messed up when I made her. I forgot to program her to not harm human life when I gave the core command." Becca says, and takes a moment. "Y/N, you're the little sister I never had. You'll never know how proud of you I am. I couldn't have developed the night blood for Eligius without you. I couldn't have started on A.L.I.E. 2 without your help, either. So, thank you. I'll see you on the other side, kid." I stare at the frozen image of my mentor, and sigh to myself, looking down at Zeus as he walks up to me.