Chapter twelve- Reunited(final chapter)

A/n: This is the last chapter, their will probably be a Epilogue  if I can get one written but other than that. This is also the last chapter of the series, not the best book I know but I hope you guys enjoyed it  :)

Audrey's POV

I took a half-step back when Marissa appeared in front of me and shoved Evan back, I let out an unsure growl at her. I wasn't sure who I could trust and who I couldn't anymore " I'm sorry." apologized Marissa, not sure who she is apologizing to.

"Audrey, what is going on?" Seth asked, I could almost hear the eagerness in his voice. That  boy is always down for a fight, or to help when its needed. Which can be a very useful, and dangerous trait, maybe even stupid sometimes.

"Leeches, and a lot of them" I answered, and took a tiny step forward "Like four of them, I don't know who I can trust of them, possibly only one. The rest want to kill me and Sophia" I continued and took another half step forward.

Marissa moved out of my way, almost as if she was picking up on what I was doing "Don't hurt them, they did nothing to you guys, especially not you Evan, you are just a follower" she said, staring at them, the person who was supposedly named Damien was still looking away.

"She was part of their pack!" the leader, Nexion snapped and  looked towards me briefly, then looked back at Marissa "She is just as reasonable for their deaths as the other two mutts  were." he added in a darker tone of voice.

I looked towards where Damien was look for a brief second before looking back in-front of me, the relieving feeling of being able to breath washed over me "She is not, and you know that. And her daughter is much less responsible, for heavens sake, Nexion. She is a baby." Marissa said, defending us.

Slowly moving forward, I glanced over towards where Damien was looking one more time, expect this time he looked at me. Unlike the others, his eyes were pure black, and he looked almost depressed, and that he didn't want to be there.

"Nexion." Damien spoke for the first time, his voice.. He was the one inside the house with Marissa and Evan, he was the one who was upset about me and Sophia being there "Marissa is right." he said, making everyone look at him "Her daughter is just a baby, you can not blame her for anything." he explained.

Was he trying to help? To try to get them to keep Sophia alive? If he is and gets them to let her live, that is all that matters to me is that she is safe. I shot him a brief look and took this as my time to attack, when their guards were down.

As soon as I lunged at the leader, he snapped around and his reaction was quicker than mine. His hand flew to my neck and slammed me down on my side to the ground, the force from it and the suddance of it made me yelp and sent me rolling a foot.

I caught a glimpse of Evan putting his hands on the sides of Marissa's head, I tried to get up quickly, but whimpered in the process "Mommy!" Sophia said, and tried to come over, but Marissa managed to push her back gently to keep from coming over.

When I was able to stand up again, I gave a small reassuring nod to Sophia, hoping that she knew what it meant.  Just as I went to attack Nexion again, I froze for a second resulting in me getting knocked down and harder once again.